Weta is sending 'Thank You' gifts to its Top 50 customers of last year

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardyakka_mate

Super Freak
Reaction score
As an avid Middle-Earth fan, one of my dreams came through to fruition last week when I (finally) visited Hobbiton and of course, the Weta Cave in New Zealand. I was able to meet the uber-nice flamer Annabel of S&F, and for the second time, the very talented Weta artists, Leonard Ellis and Daniel Falconer.:clap(the 1st time was just a few months ago at Supanova Sydney). I bought the Weta Cave versions of the mini-statues and the barrel riders. I have Bilbo barrel rider (non-Weta Cave) and thought of picking up a Weta Cave version. I didn't order Bombur barrel rider when it came up because my plan was to get the Weta Cave version, and that's what I did. Imagine my surprise, when upon arriving back in Sydney, a mysterious package from Weta showed up. For a moment, I thought it was the Set 3 Fellowship but the package was a bit small for it. I kept on thinking of what I could've possibly ordered, but I couldn't figure it out; nothing seemed to fit the size of the package. And so when I opened the package, I almost fell off my seat as it was a 'Thank You' present from Weta: A 'Thank You' card, a Weta catalogue, and a Bombur barrel rider! I couldn't believe it that Weta would send me such a gift! Now, I actually have 2 versions of each barrel rider so far: a regular and a Weta Cave version :yess:. The Bombur now has a special meaning for me as it was Weta's gift! Wow, thanks to Weta. They never cease to amaze me - how they treat us fans is beyond words! :hi5:
9733403817_21933e8158_c.jpg

Sounds like a great time man. Someday, I will make it down there to see the cave myself. The gift is most excellent! Very cool of Weta who is already a very cool group of folks to do. :rock

Sounds like a great time man. Someday, I will make it down there to see the cave myself. The gift is most excellent! Very cool of Weta who is already a very cool group of folks to do. :rock

Thanks Josh mate! Visiting the 'real' Middle Earth (Aotearoa - that's New Zealand :wink1:) would definitely be a treat for a Middle Earth fan. I only got to visit Hobbiton (in Matamata) and Weta Cave (in Wellington). Because of time constraints, I wasn't able to go to the South Island where Queenstown is where they filmed the snowy mountains scenes and other breathtaking sceneries in the movies. I will definitely come back to NZ and do a more proper Middle Earth tour.

Yes, the gift was really a pleasant surprise :blissy. The Weta folks at the Weta Cave are topnotch!:clap Would love to see them again.

Last edited:
No problem. :duff Even with a time constraint thats a nice trip to see those things. I'm jealous. Someday when I come down I'm gonna make a nice long trip out of it.

I bet. Always nice to get such a sweet gift. :rock

This is what makes Weta my favourite company. Not only do they produce great collectibles but they give back to their customers, very cool of Weta to send that card. I would be over the moon with that

As an avid Middle-Earth fan, one of my dreams came through to fruition last week when I (finally) visited Hobbiton and of course, the Weta Cave in New Zealand. I was able to meet the uber-nice flamer Annabel of S&F, and for the second time, the very talented Weta artists, Leonard Ellis and Daniel Falconer.:clap(the 1st time was just a few months ago at Supanova Sydney). I bought the Weta Cave versions of the mini-statues and the barrel riders. I have Bilbo barrel rider (non-Weta Cave) and thought of picking up a Weta Cave version. I didn't order Bombur barrel rider when it came up because my plan was to get the Weta Cave version, and that's what I did. Imagine my surprise, when upon arriving back in Sydney, a mysterious package from Weta showed up. For a moment, I thought it was the Set 3 Fellowship but the package was a bit small for it. I kept on thinking of what I could've possibly ordered, but I couldn't figure it out; nothing seemed to fit the size of the package. And so when I opened the package, I almost fell off my seat as it was a 'Thank You' present from Weta: A 'Thank You' card, a Weta catalogue, and a Bombur barrel rider! I couldn't believe it that Weta would send me such a gift! Now, I actually have 2 versions of each barrel rider so far: a regular and a Weta Cave version :yess:. The Bombur now has a special meaning for me as it was Weta's gift! Wow, thanks to Weta. They never cease to amaze me - how they treat us fans is beyond words! :hi5:
9733403817_21933e8158_c.jpg

That's really nice! What's the difference between the Cave versions and the ones they sell on the website?

That's really nice! What's the difference between the Cave versions and the ones they sell on the website?

I think they have the LOTR logo and a weta bug engraved on them (on the back I think??)

Weta are a great company though and I would love to go visit the Weta Cave....:( ...maybe one day!!

Thank you very much Weta....it was a nice surprise...You guys are the best

Last edited:
I don't buy much anymore but I used to get a lot of free stuff from Sideshow back in the SSW heyday. :huh

SS did and still does give plenty of things away.

Though this thread is about the cool thing Weta is doing for some of its customers. Let's focus on that. :rock

Last edited:
SS did and still does give plenty of things away.

Though this thread is about the cool thing Weta is doing for some of its customers. Let's focus on that. :rock

Agreed, and I mentioned it only because perspective is key. People can complain about various things that bother them about Sideshow, but implying that they don't do cool things like give stuff away just isn't true.

Agreed, and I mentioned it only because perspective is key. People can complain about various things that bother them about Sideshow, but implying that they don't do cool things like give stuff away just isn't true.

I know and I agree with you 100%. I mentioned the latter part of that post as just kind of a point for folks to focus on what this thread is about. Not so much you. :duff

Believe me I was so freakin tempted to photo my Barad-Dur with that card just to see the reactions

Back