Weta District 9 Exo Suit!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much awesome in such a short video. I have the Exo suit pre ordered as well as the miniature guns. Really hope they release all the miniature guns for a complete collection.

Most definitely.:hi5: I have CJ & Son and the Exo on order and am looking at picking up the AG Mini. Will also be definitely be picking up The Art of District 9 book after seeing a few pages in pics from the Blad they had at Con. I believe it will have a few collectible pics in there as well which will be a nice touch especially if you own one of the pieces.

Thanks for the vid Red :duff

I was also wondering about the maquette on top of the cabinet but I think my final purchase in this line will be the art book. That, the 1:1 Arc, and the Exo will make for a great display, not to mention put me into this line for a bit over a grand which is all I'm really prepared to spend on it at the moment.

Ordered it outright before even perusing the prod photos. Now that I'm basking in the post-purchase euphoria and admiring the pics I'm curious as to what scale it is.

I was also wondering about the maquette on top of the cabinet

It's was used in making of the film, I believe Greg (Broadmore) told me it was scanned. It's made from a soft material and jiggled when it was moved. I don't believe it's meant to be more than anything but a display.

Ordered it outright before even perusing the prod photos. Now that I'm basking in the post-purchase euphoria and admiring the pics I'm curious as to what scale it is.

I think it's actually pretty close, maybe even in the same scale as the Avatar A.M.P. suit from SS/Legacy. Meaning the little Quaritch could probably climb into the Exosuit. But it's quite hard to say without seeing them side by side. It's not 1/6.

Thanks for the vid Red :duff

I was also wondering about the maquette on top of the cabinet but I think my final purchase in this line will be the art book. That, the 1:1 Arc, and the Exo will make for a great display, not to mention put me into this line for a bit over a grand which is all I'm really prepared to spend on it at the moment.

No worries Deck and you mean until a Wikus in Prawn transformation hits us next.....hopefully not for ages though.:duff

2i9jyty.jpg

Sadly most of my other shots were blocked by the glass. This piece is so amazingly detailed! :yess: :clap

This will pretty much be my new grail piece. I can't wait, the detail is just stunning. Already getting a special UV display case and everything for it.

The best coverage of this piece that I ve seen is P!tus video.Really conveys the sheer presence this piece has.

Pitu's video convinced me to buy this, I was in two minds due to its cost but Pitu's enthusiasm is infectious! :rock

I have the Prawns on order too so they will complement each other very nicely.:yess:

So 50 pieces of construction for this beauty think this could end up being a Grail for sure.:)

Pitu's video convinced me to buy this, I was in two minds due to its cost but Pitu's enthusiasm is infectious! :rock

I have the Prawns on order too so they will complement each other very nicely.:yess:
:exactly:

It really is. :)

Lovely! Great detail in all the leg hydraulics & cables at the elbows.

The only thing I don't like is the way the sand on the base doesn't match up with the bottom. I wonder why they did it that way? Minor gripe anyway, best D9 piece they've done yet imo.

Lovely! Great detail in all the leg hydraulics & cables at the elbows.

The only thing I don't like is the way the sand on the base doesn't match up with the bottom. I wonder why they did it that way? Minor gripe anyway, best D9 piece they've done yet imo.

Yeah myself and one or two others have mentioned that and you have just reminded me. Have just asked DT the man who put together this masterpiece so will let you know what he says.

I would have thought it would look a lot cleaner if flush but maybe thats the look they were going for.

Back