Weta District 9 Exo Suit!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. The Mecha I always wanted. But being only 11" high is a bit disappointing. I hope they end up giving it a bit more height as it is quite wide and deep 15". Would rather those measurements be in reverse but I guess will see what happens.

Just pre-ordered this awesome, yet over priced piece. I was hoping it would be 1/6 at least. I really didn't expect this to be alot more than the Christopher maquette, seeing as how they are just about the same size. Not to mention Christophers base is much more detailed.

They could have at least made the edition size around what the 1:1 gun replicas are. :slap

District 9 will be the end of me.:lol

wow yeah it's nice but price seems very high. Congrats to all that get it though. :rock

Ordered but was thinking 500 max so like you guys somewhat suprised.

If any of you guys want to see any more wonderful pics of not only the Exo but possibly some of the best shots you'll see of Con full stop then feel free to join S & F with this link.

https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/index.php?referrerid=2000

In regards to size here's somewhat of a comparison with Exo creator/ designer on District 9 Wetas Greg Broadmore.:duff

9777d9exosuithlrg.jpg

Was just thinking in regards to the price point we do in fact get two characters in this piece.;)

Was just thinking in regards to the price point we do in fact get two characters in this piece.;)

Kinda i guess, would be nice if it opened and had Wikus but its all good.

Would also have loved a severed arm under the foot of the exo!

Kinda i guess, would be nice if it opened and had Wikus but its all good.

Would also have loved a severed arm under the foot of the exo!

Yeah that would have been great or maybe even a pig :lol and my one concern besides price of course was how the base looks in hand.

Last edited:
Hi Chuck :wave great pics mate especially love that first one with Greg in the background kind of poignant,thinks its my fav.:duff

it would be nice if the $100 discount was extended to people that are unable to go to SDCC. maybe a week after SDCC to use the offer at the website? come on weta!!!

it would be nice if the $100 discount was extended to people that are unable to go to SDCC. maybe a week after SDCC to use the offer at the website? come on weta!!!

Yeah that would be great. Some of the guys who have seen it say the size will suprise you as quite bulky. Also considering the detail and that the designer from the film was part of the process you cant be too unhappy about the price although a little cheaper would hurt the wallet less.

Have just seen a short vid of it and looks damn amazing just like the pics.:yess:

Very nice, it's about time this movie got some love, and Weta are doing the business!

Got a link?

Even better.:wink1:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/TkwsRCeN7Xc&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/TkwsRCeN7Xc&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This stuff is turning out great. About time we got something from this movie. Hope to see a sequel sometime soon. Thing looks bad ass in that video.

So much awesome in such a short video. I have the Exo suit pre ordered as well as the miniature guns. Really hope they release all the miniature guns for a complete collection.

Back