Weta District 9 Exo Suit!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Red, I had to cancel mine for the moment, not much money after my comic con trip :( Hopefully they will be around for a little while yet.

Well, #99 arrived safely at it's new home today. I have to give thanks to Weta for knocking this piece way out of the park. Special thanks goes to David and Greg, who brought us one of the coolest mechs ever created.:cool:rock

The only thing I found amiss about this piece, is that the right foot doesn't sit flush to the base. I imagine it might be representing the Exo Suit taking it's next step. I looked at the proto pics on the side of the box, and it too didn't sit flush to the base. It's not a really big deal, although the statue does wobble, so be very careful when handling it.:amen

Anyway, on to some outdoor pics I took. Hopefully these will give you a sense of how amazing this thing is. :eek2

es1.jpg

es2.jpg

es3.jpg

es8.jpg

es6.jpg

es12.jpg

Thanks Barbarian. It truly is an epic piece. Weta did an amazing job on this one. The best part about this thing, is that it was the fans who decided that it would be produced. Alot of us wanted them to make the Exo Suit, and made that fact known by voting for it in one of the many polls on S&F forum. :hi5:

Congrats Red, I had to cancel mine for the moment, not much money after my comic con trip :( Hopefully they will be around for a little while yet.

Sorry to hear that Kill but it sounds like the trip was amazing and well worth it. Hopefully there's one sitting in the warehouse with your name on it.:hi5:

Thanks Barbarian. It truly is an epic piece. Weta did an amazing job on this one. The best part about this thing, is that it was the fans who decided that it would be produced. Alot of us wanted them to make the Exo Suit, and made that fact known by voting for it in one of the many polls on S&F forum. :hi5:

Yep there is no another company like Weta that lets the fans have so much input into what they produce, awesome to say the least.:clap

Fantastic pics JK congrats :clap and thanks for sharing mate.:wink1:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Kill but it sounds like the trip was amazing and well worth it. Hopefully there's one sitting in the warehouse with your name on it.:hi5:

Yep there is no another company like Weta that lets the fans have so much input into what they produce, awesome to say the least.:clap

Fantastic pics JK congrats :clap and thanks for sharing mate.:wink1:

Thanks Red. I hope yours arrives free of any damages. That's the one thing I was worried about with this piece. lol

Awesome pics, Jeremy!! Congrats on the "epic" piece! :D

Thanks thx. I can't tell you how glad I am, that Weta decided to make this beast a reality. I'm thinking we have another grail piece on our hands. :D

I want this.:D

Buy it! You won't regret it. ;)

i have piece 108/600 safely at home, buy probably will not get a chance to unpack it until this weekend. love the pictures. this looks much better than that exo-suit statue from that blue person movie... ;)

Nice shots! :rock

Got mine today too, top job Weta. :hi5:

Only problem I had was the left arm didn't fit in nice and tight like the right. Just wrapped some plumbers teflon tape around the pin to tighten it up.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. That wasn't an over reaction. District 9 was my pick for the 2009 Oscar. Can someone send me a link to somewhere where I can get this?

Congrats guys.:wink1: I also got mine today and the detail and weathering are just excellent. Whilst the size was never an issue for me it is one nice sweet chunk of suit, quality stuff.:hi5:

Nice pics. I would love to get this but they are asking stupid money for it over here.

Where is here? They have warehouses to cover US,Europe and NZ,Aus-Asia although more stock is due in Oct for the latter.

Back