Weta Dalek is here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theguru1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, it was a bit of a wait, but it was sure as hell well worth it.
The sculpt detail is amazing and the paint work is great, even tho mine a couple of very minor issue, but thats generally out of site anyway.
One thing that doesn't come out in the pics, is the wet, gooey, sticky look of the Kelad mutant. You could swear it would just stick and ooze off your finger, while at any moment a drip could fall down off a tentacle.

Here's a couple of very early pics, best I can do right now due to no sunlight and need to use a flash.

dalek1.jpg

dalek2.jpg

It looks fantastic and I think I might try and get one at some point as I can display it with my 1/6 scale 9th Doctor custom when it's finished.

Last edited:
Weta's subject choices have been open to debate, but their artistry is never in question.

That rocks! :rock

Almost makes me wish I was a Dr. Who fan...

:D

Well, its never too late :whip

and on a plus side, at least you'll know for sure that the show won't get cancelled half way through the first season, just as you start getting into it.

That turned out quite good it'd be great too see pics of the other pieces when they are released

That looks great... I just can not afford to start on statues as well (apart from the occaisional Pred or Alien related ones!)

yodasan, 3 more statues are scheduled, 4th Doctor and Davros, The Master and Cyber Controller, along with a range of helms. You can see it all here: https://www.wetanz.com/collectibles/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=11

Reinhardt, one could say Weta's website, with local shipping from their US warehouse, but I suspect you could get it cheaper from a local store. Its sold from Dark Horse and hence distributed by Diamond, so on top of specific statue sellers, any good comics shop in your area should be able to get it in as well.

Back