Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, but our checking account - not so much.:lol

Tell me about it, my wallet looks at me like I betrayed my best friend. :lol

2013 was a big collecting year, next year looks good but thankfully for me my PO list is shrinking nicely. If Weta were to release one item like this a year I'd be happy.

Last edited:
My order list as of now looks like this:

Sideshow - Sauron PF - Sept
Sideshow - Vader Mythos - Sept
Weta - FOTR Set 3 - Sept
Weta - Arwen - Nov/Dec
Weta - Bert the Troll - Nov/Dec
Weta - DoS Chronicles - Dec
Gentle Giant - Goblin King with Scribe - Q4 2013
Weta - White Council - Q1 2014
Weta - Azog - Q1 2014
Gentle Giant - Azog - Q1 2014
Gentle Giant - Bilbo - Q2 2014

Conan dio and Bats from SS this year.
Strike Down Thor from BD later this year or next.
Azog from Weta and will go for Rivendale after I get my points.
Have Azog bust on order from GG but may cancel, have Weta's piece incoming.

New Cap PF, Spidey cq & Hulk PF I'm interested in... we'll see how that goes. I'll be watching Weta closely for any new releases.

Just ordered this from BBTS. This piece looks way to cool to pass on. Does anyone know if they let you make payments before it arives at BBTS?

:duff Same to you.

Here's to one day having the space to properly display all of this (and maybe no longer getting an earful and eyerolls from your spouse), and a much deserved break on our collective wallets. :chug

I hope that happens for you. :rock I hope someday when I get married that I can dodge that issue but probably not. :lol

Thanks Josh :hi5: are weta good with there release dates

They tend to hit the mark pretty well most of the time. Usually the US gets stock first, followed by the UK 1 to 2 weeks later but can be at the sametime.

NZ warehouse then tends to get the items last, upto a few weeks later. Of course this item is currently Q1, so little bit of a window there, which Weta will narrow down as time gets closer. Even so, don't spend up big come christmas, you may find you need $700+ by early Feb :lol

Yeah, they are pretty good IMO of hitting the dates on most pieces. Like any company they do have to push things at times, but its not terribly often.
Thanks again Josh :duff

They tend to hit the mark pretty well most of the time. Usually the US gets stock first, followed by the UK 1 to 2 weeks later but can be at the sametime.

NZ warehouse then tends to get the items last, upto a few weeks later. Of course this item is currently Q1, so little bit of a window there, which Weta will narrow down as time gets closer. Even so, don't spend up big come christmas, you may find you need $700+ by early Feb :lol
and thanks to you Guru :hi5: that's good to know really looking forward to this one :)

Sideshow-Frodo and sam maquette.
Sideshow-Boba Fett Mythos
Sideshow - Vader Mythos - Sept
Gentle giant-Starwars Sny,Max Rebo,Doopy mini bust
Gentle giant-Starwars Malagus mini bust
Gentle giant -Starwars Luke pilot bust
Gentle giant-Starwars Mace Windu PGM gift
Gentle Giant - Goblin King with Scribe - Q4 2013
Weta - Azog on Warg - Q1 2014
Gentle Giant - Azog - Q1 2014
Gentle Giant - Bilbo - Q2 2014
Gentle giant - Padme Ilum statue
Gentle giant- Yoda Ilum statue

Josh I copied a piece of your list,and added my pre-orders on it.

I have all the Weta dwarves statues so far except Bofur. I've been resisting the urge to order him as the current Australian dollar exchange rate against US dollar is low. I hope it gets better by the time Azog is ready to ship or else I'll end up paying more $$$. I'll get Bofur and Gloin (when he's released) depending on the exchange rate, or maybe when we get some discounts like $ off when the 3rd Chronicles book is released. Here's hoping...:pray:

Back