Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like Azog but all I've seen is this statue and the Gentle Giant bust. Are there any more out there or in the making anyone know?

Cheers

IMO they should. Actually they should revisit certain characters wearing armor. I would love to see armored Azog, Thorin and Thranduil.

It would be awesome to get both azog and bolg in their standing pose to go along with Sauron Witch King Saruman and lurtz, defiantly would be a sideshow dream collection to have all of Sauron, Witch King, Saruman, Lurtz, Azog and Bolg standing in their different poses

Received my Azog today :yess:

I have seen real dogs being half as big as poly warg.

Unfortunately...

The knee one is very close to invisible without a magnifying glass. I think trying to touch it up might make it worse
Claw seems to be glossy so I have no clue how to deal with it.

Unfortunately...

The knee one is very close to invisible without a magnifying glass. I think trying to touch it up might make it worse

Shame you have some damage on this master piece. It is fixable though: Acrylic paint, soft brush, a matt acrylic sealer for the skin and fur, and a gloss acrylic sealer for the claw. You can buy a small bottle of precision filler for the bigger chip's on the armour. The paints etc are not expensive if that helps?

Hope you can get it sorted :duff

Shame you have some damage on this master piece. It is fixable though: Acrylic paint, soft brush, a matt acrylic sealer for the skin and fur, and a gloss acrylic sealer for the claw. You can buy a small bottle of precision filler for the bigger chip's on the armour. The paints etc are not expensive if that helps?

Hope you can get it sorted :duff
Thank you :wave
Sorry for the stupid question but what do you mean with "precision filler"? I was thinking of regular acrylic paint for the armor o_O

edit: ok I understand -filler in terms of paste to even out the depth. TBH I don't have to confidence in myself to do a work that fine. :/
I feel that since no poly got chipped (only colour) I'd rather just paint over it. I feel like the new paint layer will be thick enough to restore planarity. If I brush the precision filler first and then paint it, won't there be a bump on that spot?

And do I apply the sealer right after painting or do I let it dry? You see I'm clueless.:eek:

Buy yourself a black marker.
Problem solved.
Nobody will ever notice.

Unfortunately...

Problem solved.
Nobody will ever notice.

Agreed, it's not bad at all. Black marker fix or buy some black paint and a small brush, that's what I did and have touched up many statue before.

Seeing the lifesize Azog and the new Bolg statue, shame sideshow were not making 1/4 of both. Especially seeing the lifesize Bolg, having that next to Sauron witch king Saruman and Lurtz 1/4 scale would have been awesome

Agreed, it's not bad at all. Black marker fix or buy some black paint and a small brush, that's what I did and have touched up many statue before.

Problem solved.
Nobody will ever notice.
:duff

I can't stop looking at the statue. Azog is the only piece to come close to Berserker PF in my book. Everything is perfect: base with mixed terrain and pine cones, super dynamic running pose, sculpt, face likeness, ultra paintjob. I called them Tintin and Snowy.

PS: I haven't checked if the Snowy is a boy or a girl yet.

Back