Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta - Azog on Warg

Can't get over how awesome the pose is on this piece.
The last time I was this impressed with a pose was with the Wolf Predator LSF.

Tell me about it. The Weta booth was a jaw dropper.

Really nice pics, Josh. Thanks for helping to keep all of us non-attendees updated! This is a great looking piece. It is at the top of my want list. So freaking cool looking.

Thank you! I know. Its a must have for sure. :rock

Josh, did the sign on this say it was a limited or open edition?

Its supposed to be a limited edition and what I saw from Tim at Weta on S&F should be going up for PO here soon.

If this is at $599 or more then I do not see this getting sold out so quickly unless the ES was at a low 500. I will order this at low stock or close to shipping date. No preorder for me

I don't think it will be close to that price. I really believe it will be no more than $550 more likely $500.

If this is at $599 or more then I do not see this getting sold out so quickly unless the ES was at a low 500. I will order this at low stock or close to shipping date. No preorder for me

Agreed I said all along @ the $600 mark and more then likely 1500 as a edition size, with the way WETA's preorder system is stupid and is so old school, I will NEVER preorder from them again, and if it sells out well off to other means! They need to wake up and get with the times, I mean freezing ones money to see if one has it then giving it back is as stupid as it gets, COME ON WETA GET WITH IT!

The thing is they are liable if they hold on to your card info and don't have the bank do a pre-auth. Nobody is a fan of it but I don't blame them for not wanting to be liable if someone hacked their system.

1500ES seems too high, since SS now have the Hobbit license, they will no doubt do a better Azog :)

1500ES seems too high, since SS now have the Hobbit license, they will no doubt do a better Azog :)

Sideshow's Azog will "no doubt" be better? That's a pretty big assumption.

Weta nailed:

1. Azog sculpt
2. Warg sculpt
3. Incredibly dynamic choice of pose

Sideshow would have to nail all three of those just to match Weta, let alone surpass them. The bar has been set insanely high.

This exceptional sculpt just judging by the photos will be difficult to top by anyone...period...you might get a bigger sculpt but I dont know about better...in fact I highly doubt it...Weta put Sideshow to freakin shame this year in regards to Middle-Earth...Weta is Like Bowen is to Marvel but Weta does Middle-Earth...I'm a Weta-man now(always was considering I own about 300 Weta items)

Last edited:

To me this piece is the statues or paintings of Frederic Remington or Charles Russell of Weta...Azog looks like he's chasing and rustling horses like an Apache warrior...Powerful work of art Weta created with this one!

:lecture:lecture:lectureThis statement above hit me as soon as I saw this piece:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:Again looks like an old west sculpt of a cowboy/horse about to wrangling a steer...simply beautiful and again IMHO Weta's finest ME piece to date...I love it

:lecture:lecture:lectureThis statement above hit me as soon as I saw this piece:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:Again looks like an old west sculpt of a cowboy/horse about to wrangling a steer...simply beautiful and again IMHO Weta's finest ME piece to date...I love it

Agreed, I am looking at this one and in MHO it is PERFECT, the last PERFECT statue was the Lurtz PF! It is a very dynamic piece and deserves admiration, WETA hit a out of the park homerun with this one and I for one can not wait to add it to my collection even tho I have ZERO room for such a big piece!

Josh do you have somewhat vague measurements on him?

Won't shock me if the base is similar to Barad-dur/Rivendell size

Agreed, I am looking at this one and in MHO it is PERFECT, the last PERFECT statue was the Lurtz PF! It is a very dynamic piece and deserves admiration, WETA hit a out of the park homerun with this one and I for one can not wait to add it to my collection even tho I have ZERO room for such a big piece!

Josh do you have somewhat vague measurements on him?

It's an amazing piece. It just grabs you and keeps you staring at it.

Even with the lean its bigger and taller than the Gothmog on Warg. The base is about Cave Troll size I'd say.

It's an amazing piece. It just grabs you and keeps you staring at it.

Even with the lean its bigger and taller than the Gothmog on Warg. The base is about Cave Troll size I'd say.

Wow that is BIG, I do not have Gothmog, but I have seen the Cave Troll and have the Snow Troll, so that is HUGE, man I display space is in for a shock!

Sideshow's Azog will "no doubt" be better? That's a pretty big assumption.

Weta nailed:

1. Azog sculpt
2. Warg sculpt
3. Incredibly dynamic choice of pose

Sideshow would have to nail all three of those just to match Weta, let alone surpass them. The bar has been set insanely high.

Not to mention that it was Weta who actually created his look for the movies themselves, so you can't get any better if you tried :exactly:

Every time i see the photos it's just as amazing as the last time. Hard to believe it doesn't just fall over because of the lean!

Wow that is BIG, I do not have Gothmog, but I have seen the Cave Troll and have the Snow Troll, so that is HUGE, man I display space is in for a shock!

Yeah, he's large or at least seemed that way to me. If you can fine the dimensions for Gothmog that will give you an idea. Base wise as I said the CT gives you a really good idea.

Back