Westworld HBO series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how much of this was intended for last season. From what I understand Kissy was supposed to play a bigger part but the actor passed away and they decided not to recast, but rewrote around his absence.

I wonder how much of this was intended for last season. From what I understand Kissy was supposed to play a bigger part but the actor passed away and they decided not to recast, but rewrote around his absence.

Given that Akecheta was revealed to be the one carving mazes into scalps (starting with the Ghost Nation), Kissy was probably part of the Ghost Nation. He could probably be Akecheta's right-hand man (the first one he carves into)?

yawwwwn...what time is it?

Oh sorry....that HOUR LONG FILLER episode felt like an eternity.

Showrunner: "Let's take literally eight minutes of unimportant exposition and stretch it out into a full hour....that'll pad the season pretty nicely after we already wasted a good 90 minutes in Shogun World."

I'm the complete opposite opinion.

I'm the complete opposite opinion.

Yeah this was far from filler IMO. It offered some important pieces of the "mystery box". Also, seeing the events of Westworld with snippets all the way back from Season 1 from another point of view was refreshing.

Japan world is refreshing until it's self plagiarize, lol. Now three more episode to go. Mr. Green needs to stop watching youtube fishing channel. And do more real fishing.

Yeah, I liked the Indian episode more than I thought I would when they teased in last week. Still... I feel this show meanders too much. Gets repetitive. How many ways are they going to show the same subplot?

Probably from each groups POV

It does feel like that's the play. But I think its unnecessary. I don't care so much how various individuals have 'woke', or how parallel characters come to parallel conclusions.

I think when the show focuses on the robot's dealing with their own "humanity" it is most interesting. Let's see how these 'woke' beings deal with the complications of their new reality -- I want to see parallels made with the human condition. Seeing robots do terrible things -- or heroic things -- and how they justify it is much more interesting. They want to be 'free' so badly -- this should be a cautionary tale of 'be careful what you wish for' as well as 'with great power comes great responsibility"...

I want to see the price of free will.

It does feel like that's the play. But I think its unnecessary. I don't care so much how various individuals have 'woke', or how parallel characters come to parallel conclusions.

I think when the show focuses on the robot's dealing with their own "humanity" it is most interesting. Let's see how these 'woke' beings deal with the complications of their new reality -- I want to see parallels made with the human condition. Seeing robots do terrible things -- or heroic things -- and how they justify it is much more interesting. They want to be 'free' so badly -- this should be a cautionary tale of 'be careful what you wish for' as well as 'with great power comes great responsibility"...

I want to see the price of free will.

They’re probably getting to that

I really like the intentions of the show... I just think they're stretching it out too much... like making the Hobbit into 3 movies.

Problem is if it gets cancelled, then they'll never have a chance to crowd in everything they were planning. Would HBO actually give them a 3rd season if no one is watching? I don't know how they tally these things or what commitments they've made.

The problem with these kinds of 7-10 episode television shows that cost so much is that they must be planned well in advance. So there's no bending with the audience as time goes on as with old traditional TV shows aired over a season or two. You could cater more to audience preference and character development as the writers discovered things -- like they did with LOST for example when the "discovered" Ben and changed the show. Sometimes these HBO shows seem like they are written purposefully holding stuff back for the next season... which makes me feel cheated like a bad trilogy that should have been a single film.

Last edited:
I'm curious where you guys fall on the question of (spoiler for this past episode only) -

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm curious where you guys fall on the question of (spoiler for this past episode only) -

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back