Westworld HBO series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just completed watching the first season tonight and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Overall, its another terrific addition to what was a fantastic year of just awesome genre television. Great stuff.

I just watched the final episode today too. Still have some questions, mostly about who is supposed to be Arnold. Is it the guy who kept walking past Delores in the hallway? Did Ford take everything from Arnold's mind and put it into Bernard? Did Ford create Bernard to use him as a partner and then had him killed when he started to think on his own? When they showed Delores shooting Bernard in the back of the head when he was sitting in the chair, they led you to believe it was Arnold since they were calling him that. Very confusing. Any opinions?

This should be a fun one to go back and rewatch to look for Easter eggs. Like, whose body was being made in the cellar where Ford and Bernard confronted each other that last time? My theory is it's Ford remaking himself.

Binged the series this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised to see this Easter egg...

yul-brynner-westworld.jpg

Great series and I look forward to season two. :yess:

I loved season 1. Hopefully someone gets the license for figures. Chronicle is making a statue of MIB but knowing them it'll be out in 2 years.

I just picked up HBO after a long hiatus for Game of Thrones. Sadly, Johnny Utah's signature spoiled a big reveal for me :lol But I still enjoyed the hell out of this one. Definitely similarities between Jurassic Park, and Blade Runner here. Also some similarities with Planet of the Apes and Terminator, which they're getting a bit more into with the last episode and season 2. The nature of consciousness is something we, as a society will need to be confronting soon. Not much to connect it to the original film beyond some superficial similarities, but that's a-OK with me. Great performances, extremely well made, and a thoughtful show with a lot of surprise reveals. I didn't see the Bernard secret coming. And wouldn't have seen the thing with William except for. . .that signature. Very curious to see where they go from here. I wonder if the hosts will be able to regenerate themselves without the humans helping them along, and presumably without full access to supplies and materials. Or might Ford have done something to preclude that happening? Should self-awareness and invincibility go hand-in-hand? I'm not fully sure that anyone is really self-aware at all, by the way, because Ford seemed to be certain of what Delores would do. And Bernard seemed to know what Maeve was going to do at the train station. Is it all really part of Ford's last narrative?

One of my favorite lesser characters was the blonde chick with the snake tattoo. So glad to see that she should still be around by the time season 2 rolls around. Though again, we don't really know if death will mean anything for the hosts or not moving forward. But for some reason I'm thinking it won't be as easy to regenerate from here on.

I really enjoyed the series. It's so hard to know if any of them had achieved consciousness or if it was all in their programming. For Maeve she believed the entire time she was making her own decisions, she had awoken and was breaking out of the park. Then we find out her story has just been re written. At first I assumed the Asian guy helping her was working with Ford because how could Ford have known someone would help her in her escape? I do think when she got off the train she made that choice herself. Perhaps there was no end to her story and the last part Ford wrote was that she enters the train?

As for Delores, she has the Wyatt programming, which makes it more confusing on whether she is making any decisions now or if the programming is in control.

Really looking forward to season 2.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

One of my favorite lesser characters was the blonde chick with the snake tattoo. So glad to see that she should still be around by the time season 2 rolls around.

She's a smokin' hot Norwegian.

rjwH9HM.gif

So glad she survived the guards in the stinger. Can't get enough of her.

Back