Well they finally got me (update)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Well they finally got me

Our cats never set off our motion detectors; maybe it has to do with how low to the floor they detect?

Normally they work on height, and they aren't supposed to be sensitive to things under 40 lbs.

Dang dude sorry to hear this. But like you said at least your family wasn't hurt. Also I guess its good they just didn't go on a smashing spree either. Could have just busted up your stuff for the hell of it.

I was wondering. Did the police find any finger prints or anything? I know when our garage was ripped off when I was a kid and all my father's tools were taken, the police found finger prints, but just told us to put a claim in to our insurance company because they don't bother with such things, even though they got $5,000 worth of tools and equipement. Same with my Mother's shop that someone busted in the door and took the cash register. They found the register, perfect prints, but they didn't bother, just told us to turn it into our insurance. We even knew who robbed us, both times! :mad:

Sorry to hear that man. Hope th einsurance works out.

Get one of these. No one will ever dare enter the house.

killer_dog.jpg

We had a break in a few years back but I caught the fools just as they broke in the front door and chased them off.

Then we got this mutt, he looks like an ewok but makes a lot of noise and is viscious if anyone unfamiliar comes near the property.
Destroys the mail but small price to pay for peace of mind.
Last pic cracks me up:)

Horrible story mate hope the insurance company pays out and you sort out your security and don't let these twats make you fell insecure in your home.

Then we got this mutt, he looks like an ewok but makes a lot of noise and is viscious if anyone unfamiliar comes near the property.
Destroys the mail but small price to pay for peace of mind.

I used to have one of those... sweetest little dog (if it knew you) if not.. it would bark like crazy and try and tear your hand off if you got near it...:lol those little F'rs are tough as nails.

It was also good that we had a larger wolf mix as back up though.

I used to have one of those... sweetest little dog (if it knew you) if not.. it would bark like crazy and try and tear your hand off if you got near it...:lol those little F'rs are tough as nails.

It was also good that we had a larger wolf mix as back up though.

Yeah mine is exactly the same.

They were orginally used as guard dogs in tibet to guard the temple( well raise the alarm probably) where they are from I think.

Maybe I heard that wrong and they were talking about the shinto dogs or foo temple guard dogs, who knows but very similar.

*****update******

Been SUPER busy with school and work but it looks like the insurance company is going to cut a check for a little less than 11K... I wont believe it until its in my happy little hands BUT its more than what I expected so looks like things worked okay for the family and I. What made the return so much was the Mrs' family heirlooms that were taken, besides the 20-year-old appraisal she had for it, they pretty much took us at face value for the value we claimed...thanks again for the interest and well wishes all...

been there. when l was about 7 or 8 years old my dads house was robbed. his wife came home from work and a guy was backing out of there drive way as she pulled in. she thought he was just turning around in the drive way in are alley. the guy actually had the balls to wave to her also. then she went threw the yard and the back door was open and a bunch of stuff gone.

then when l was a bought 12 his new house was robbed. but im sure it was my step brother and his friends who robbed the house, when my dad and step mom were gone for the weekend. they also took her car, they found her keys which always made me think it was my step brother responsible for it. they took my N64, games and movies and stuff. and it is a huge pain to go threw.l told the insurance company it was a Playstation they stole. so with the insurance money l upgraded to a new playstation instead of my old N64:lol. its actually creepy going in the house after wards knowing people were there who were unwelcome.

my moms boyfriend house was robbed last year, the door was broken in and he had about a thousand bucks taken from his kitchen.

know one deserves to be violated like that. hope this doesnt happen again. everyone should invest in a good alarm system.

*****update******

Been SUPER busy with school and work but it looks like the insurance company is going to cut a check for a little less than 11K... I wont believe it until its in my happy little hands BUT its more than what I expected so looks like things worked okay for the family and I. What made the return so much was the Mrs' family heirlooms that were taken, besides the 20-year-old appraisal she had for it, they pretty much took us at face value for the value we claimed...thanks again for the interest and well wishes all...

Thats awesome news j! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Good things go taken care by insurance.

Just curious are you crazy having a Wife and Fiancee?

Great news that you are getting a nice check back from insurance!!!

The piece about craigslist is good advice, as well as checking ebay and even local pawn shops for your items. Might be able to get some stuff back and even track down the dirtbags who did this.

I'm really not worried about people stealing my collection, I'm more worried a burglar would see all my crap and just start smashing the hell out of it on the way out :lol :panic:

Back