Well, and now that we all know how much Christopher Reeve's Superman is needed...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pompiato

Super Freak
Reaction score
What's the latest issue that Hot Toys has informed about its interest of release a CR Superman figure?...what do we need to do to make this come true?...in what stage are they in negotiations to bring this figure to "life"?...

I'm going say this much - there was enough of a business case for HT to release DX04 as BL. Similarly, there is enough, or even more reason, for HT to release a CR Superman. We just need to wait until that sweet day happens.

A possible HT Reeves figure gave me some hope for a keaton batman but now i think that is never going to happen.

What's the latest issue that Hot Toys has informed about its interest of release a CR Superman figure?...what do we need to do to make this come true?...in what stage are they in negotiations to bring this figure to "life"?...

Come back to reality, Dom.

images

Nice to see that my inception worked on your sig there Snake.

Always thought the Superman films were silly and weak. I can stand #2 because of the NYC fight but jeez, Donner had him doing the same thing he did in the first film, spin around the earth to solve a problem! LOL

That makes him too powerful. I know Reeves gets a huge sympathy vote but the films sucked.

BB

I think there is a lot of overreaction - while I am also among those disappointed that DX04 was Bruce Lee (a real waste IMO, no need for another), I think a DX or MMS Reeves is just a matter of time, given how much fans have clamoured for it. Patience is a virtue

Always thought the Superman films were silly and weak. I can stand #2 because of the NYC fight but jeez, Donner had him doing the same thing he did in the first film, spin around the earth to solve a problem! LOL

That makes him too powerful. I know Reeves gets a huge sympathy vote but the films sucked.

BB

I agree, apart from Reeve himself I can't watch those films. I'm sure they were great at the time but they aren't ageing well IMO. But I wish Reeve was still alive and still young enough to play superman in any future film.

Still holding onto the hope for a CR Superman figure. I'm sure it'll happen, HT can't fail to see the demand.

I agree, apart from Reeve himself I can't watch those films. I'm sure they were great at the time but they aren't ageing well IMO. But I wish Reeve was still alive and still young enough to play superman in any future film.

Still holding onto the hope for a CR Superman figure. I'm sure it'll happen, HT can't fail to see the demand.

So far they have! :D

Always thought the Superman films were silly and weak.

I could never stand them either.

I wonder though what has Hot Toys said about Reeve Superman? You were all talking before as though they'd given every indication that it was just around the corner and yet now I see you say they haven't even announced they have the license. What exactly have HT said about Superman then to have you all so up in arms now?

I remember there being confirmations that Reeve was in the works and that from what that person saw, the likeness was great... now I don't know... they just seem like rumors now.

There was a threat here that someone saw the T2 scans and at the end they had a interview with Howard and he clarified that a reeves was in production

Do we need another HT Superman thread?
actually you guys should work harder. 10 more threads of supes and someone somewhere will start paying attention. :lol

the films dont age well for me too, but reeve as supes is such an iconic film image, such a part of cinematic history, that the diminishing quality of the films themselves becomes moot. some screen characters are just bigger than the films they're in. they defied their film's limitations and outgrew and outlived it.

there have been many actors donning that red and blue costume before and after reeve, but only one, only reeve, embodied the character so completely and so perfectly - that's why the image of reeve as superman is timeless and everlasting, while keaton's/bale's batman or maguire's spider-man will be buried in the sands of time.

Back