Weapon X Marvel Archive Prop Replica Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually, you also see his bare "bones" on this issue as well : (which i am displaying with the archive set)

514-WOLV048_cov.jpg

In this issue, you see him regenerate :cool:

Jeff A Simon said:
Wolverine gets burned down to bare bones by a Sentinel in the now legendary _Days of future past_ storyline. Much more recently, mass-murderer Nito burns him down to bare bones in a newer story arc. Also, I believe Logan's skeleton is one of the evil future Hulk's [Maestro?] trophies in the Future Imperfect [?] story from a few years ago. Err... probably more than a few....

JAS
I was going to mention Days of Future Past but I don't recall actually seeing Wolverine's skeleton there.
But that just reinforces my argument, Wolverine died in Days of Future Past.
My point is this Archive Set doesn't make much sense, it's either Wolverine regenerating or dead, either way that kind of makes this more of a bust then a prop from the Marvel Universe.
It looks cool but it doesn't represent Wolverine to me, I'd much rather have his costume on a base which is similar to the other archive sets.

Here's another shot of his skeleton from Wiki:
Wolb.jpg

screamingmetal said:
I was going to mention Days of Future Past but I don't recall actually seeing Wolverine's skeleton there.
My point is this Archive Set doesn't make much sense, it's either Wolverine regenerating or dead, either way that kind of makes this more of a bust then a prop from the Marvel Universe.
It looks cool but it doesn't represent Wolverine to me, I'd much rather have his costume on a base which is similar to the other archive sets.

I kind of agree it would of made more sense to go that way than the skeleton.

Viking28 said:
I kind of agree it would of made more sense to go that way than the skeleton.
I would've loved a set with the full brown and yellow costume, gloves up front displaying the blade guides on the back of his fists and a couple of Samurai swords.

screamingmetal said:

Here's another shot of his skeleton from Wiki:
Wolb.jpg

I don't quite remember, but I think that is the one I am talking about. It is when Nitro blew himself up and Wolverine was severly burnt and had to regenrerate himself. If anyone is interested, the cover is the one I posted and it is called Civil War Wolverine #4, I believe. I don't know exactly since my bro has the issue right now. It is really a good issue. It tells you what Wolverine experiences when he dies.

There was a What If where he was killed by the Hulk and had a silver embossed version of the skeleton on the cover. Going back to the early 90's for that though.

wi-050-s.jpg

I believe that Colossus throws him at the sentinel in an "old geezer" version of the "fastball special". Logan is hit by disentigration rays and they just show his carbonized skeleton clunk to the floor. Storm is killed by impalement shortly thereafter, then Kitty and Rachel go back to present day, closing the future part of the story and rescuing Senator Whosis back in our time.

The silver-embossed skeleton seen on the "What If" issue is not really in the story, it was just a way for Marvel to sell a book with a high priced cover back in the day.

That's off the top of my head, I might be wrong on those details....

Jeff A Simon said:

I believe that Colossus throws him at the sentinel in an "old geezer" version of the "fastball special". Logan is hit by disentigration rays and they just show his carbonized skeleton clunk to the floor. Storm is killed by impalement shortly thereafter, then Kitty and Rachel go back to present day, closing the future part of the story and rescuing Senator Whosis back in our time.

The silver-embossed skeleton seen on the "What If" issue is not really in the story, it was just a way for Marvel to sell a book with a high priced cover back in the day.

That's off the top of my head, I might be wrong on those details....
That's what I recall too, Wolverine getting blasted by the Sentinel and the next panel his charred remains are lying in a smoldering heap.

does anyone from GORE group has any WIP photos of this?

i'm really looking forward on owning this. :chew

Back