We Love Darklord Dave!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
OK, here's a thread devoted to showing our love and appreciation for our very own Darklord Dave for being the hard working and long suffering mastermind behind the Freaks Board that we all know and love. This site is awesome, but it isn't free and it doesn't run itself. The man does a lot to give us a place like this to come and interact, so let's all take a few moments and send a few "duff" emoticons his way!

:duff :duff :duff

We took up a secret contribution from some of the board members and put together a gift that was presented to him at the Sideshow party tonight in San Diego. Here is a shot of our least attractive mod presenting the goods to the man of the hour. (To the right you will see a special sculpture/plaque from Sideshow and the Gore Group presented to Dave tonight, which you just know he is going to treasure forever.)

dsc00777sl8.jpg

I tossed in a few silly items like an electrocuting pen to leave on your coworkers' desk, a little dog that plugs into your laptop and humps your USB port, and a light up T-shirt with a built in wi-fi signal detector, along with some cool and more useful things like a Bluetooth laser virtual keyboard that projects a working computer keyboard on any flat surface, the world's smallest 8 GB flash drive, an Amazon gift certificate and other things that any website administrator needs. The main attraction was a $350 "gift certificate" credit towards his Sideshow account. Lonnie and I would like to thank those who contributed (and whose names were listed in a card in the basket) to Dave's gift, and I now invite all board members to take a moment and show your appreciation to Dave for his hard work, dedication to Sideshow and the Freaks Board, and above all else, his excellent taste when it comes to choosing moderators.

(Congrats to Lonnie on winning an exclusive Dr. Doom PF [Artist Proof] tonight, by the way!!!)

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. Dr. Doom PF Exclusive Artist Proof? WTF? How did that happen!?!?!?!

Yes, Dave was the man of the hour. I have to admit that Sideshow upped the ante with the Doors of Indecision in that every item that was won was an Artist Proof . . . Thank you to Sideshow as well!

Dave, you rock! From putting up with all our bull^^^^ to having this place to congregate. I have never met a nicer bunch of people and you made it all possible!

I have to say a tremendous thanks to everyone that participated in the gift basket. There's some great items in there and they will be very useful. (Well, the dog humping USB thing may not actually come in handy, but it's pretty funny).

Thanks guys! It may not always be a bed of roses, but it's nice to feel appreciated every now and then.

THANKS DAVE!!! :rock

With all the wierd characters arond here, myself included, I don't know how he keeps eveyone in line. :lol

I love you Dave in a totally non biblical way.
I hope you had fun getting your presents and your plaque.
How awesome is that!

Thank you, Dave, for all you'r hard work and for giving us (Freaks) a place to hang out :duff :chew :duff

chappelle_james.jpg

It's A Celebration, B!^^^es!!!

And congrats Loonie on that awesome price :rock:rock:rock

Back