WB animated DC Young Justice series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Animation quality looks damn good based on that trailer. Kind of bummed that Speedy apparently won't be a genuine team member, but psyched at the prospect of getting another action figure that looks like the classic Speedy design (pretty sure the only ones in existence are the MEGO figure, the Pocket Super Heroes one, and a crappy DC Direct version).

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rxwVW1--QTE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rxwVW1--QTE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks for that post. Just checked it out and I'm liking it a lot. Can't wait for the premiere. Hopefully, this has enough "gas" to stay around for awhile. While I'm more of a Marvel fan, DC certainly has Marvel trumped when it comes to animation. They've the got the "recipe" for awesomeness, IMO.

While I'm more of a Marvel fan, DC certainly has Marvel trumped when it comes to animation. They've the got the "recipe" for awesomeness, IMO.
While this has historically been the case, that new Avengers show kicks some serious ass. Fortunately, I dig DC and Marvel both and am enjoying the fact that both are pumping out quality animated products.

While this has historically been the case, that new Avengers show kicks some serious ass. Fortunately, I dig DC and Marvel both and am enjoying the fact that both are pumping out quality animated products.

I will say I'm likely the new Avengers. I'll admit though that I've only seen two episodes, so I need to give that one more a chance. I've been hearing a lot of good things about it though.

I love that they went with the Roy Speedy but am a little disappointed we got Blaqualad instead of the proper Garth Aqualad to go with them. I'm assuming because its modernized that we're getting Tim and Bart and that those are stylized Grayson and Wally. I like that they are going with the Cadmus explanation of Conner and geeked out a bit at just seeing Hal in animated form.

Time to set the TiVo.

So if they're using Cadmus is this the same "universe" as JLU? But then Hal only made a cameo in JLU and wasn't a full member.

So if they're using Cadmus is this the same "universe" as JLU? But then Hal only made a cameo in JLU and wasn't a full member.

No. Cadmus is a DC staple that helped create Conner far before JLU was even a thought, I would imagine that its being used as just that. Like any other DC piece this is its own continuity that blazes its own trail. JL and JLU were the same because one was an extension of the other. In reality even B:TAS and S:TAS were different continuities one having no effect on the other even though there were cameos in between the two.

I didn't know that. I thought Cadmus was strictly a JL cartoon creation. I never read DC growing up.

And since we're on it- how awesome were the last 2 episodes of JLU ("Alive" and "Destroyer")? Don't mean to hijack the thread but the final battle with Darkseid showed how awesome superhero cartoons can be. Plus the story with Cadmus showed real sophistication IMO.

Good first episode tonight. Has potential to be a very watchable show. JLU was very excellent all the way through, and it is a complete bummer that that show isn't still going.

No. Cadmus is a DC staple that helped create Conner far before JLU was even a thought, I would imagine that its being used as just that. Like any other DC piece this is its own continuity that blazes its own trail. JL and JLU were the same because one was an extension of the other. In reality even B:TAS and S:TAS were different continuities one having no effect on the other even though there were cameos in between the two.
Well, B:TAS changed pretty drastically from the first to the last season (Superman started as Batman started winding down). And the Batman, Joker, and Harley that appeared on the Superman arc seemed the same as those on B:TAS toward the end. I have always felt they were the same "Timmverse" continuity, eventually transferring on to Batman: Beyond, JL, and JLU.

After checking wikipedia, Timm apparently agrees that Batman:TAS through JLU were part of the same "continuity."

https://www.toonzone.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3380444

Well Wikipedia isnt exactly the most scholarly of sources but I guess anything created by Bruce Timm theoretically would be the same continuity although cross overs were only strictly limited to those episodes with no ramifications remaining even though. So one could assume that the new GLC toon would be in that continuity as well. Even with that understanding just like Teen Titans was a separate piece its safe to assume that this will be as well but I guess in reality time will tell

I geeked out seriously seeing both John Stewart and Hal Jordan both appearing as cameos. Overall it was very promising and I enjoyed it alot. Hopefully the rest of the series will continue this momentum.

Well Wikipedia isnt exactly the most scholarly of sources but I guess anything created by Bruce Timm theoretically would be the same continuity although cross overs were only strictly limited to those episodes with no ramifications remaining even though. So one could assume that the new GLC toon would be in that continuity as well. Even with that understanding just like Teen Titans was a separate piece its safe to assume that this will be as well but I guess in reality time will tell
The link isn't to wikipedia itself, but to a post by Bruce Timm himself describing his thoughts. Wikipedia is only really useful to me as a means to linking primary source material I can read for myself.

Timm's apparent words: "i very much appreciate that so many of you guys have so much love for the old series, from BTAS through JLU (i do too) -- but frankly, i doubt that we'll be formally, "officially" doing another movie or tv series set in that continuity"

This new cartoon seems clearly outside of the JLU continuity because, at least, Zatara is deceased as of B:TAS, but he is a member of the JLA in Young Justice. Also, Hal is Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter has a niece. I'm sure there are other instances (I think Aquaman had both hands. . .).

:lol Even when someone agrees with you, you focus on the part you can argue with. :dunno

Like I said, Teen Titans was its own continuity and this looks to be as well. BUT that the new GLC since its a Timm creation will probably meld into JL and JLU and in retrospect B:TAS and S:TAS.

I loved this and it was a nice homage to the original teen titans at the begining. Robin was awesome and i really like this new aqua lad

I thought it was cool. It was a good start. I wish they had made Robin bigger and more mature. He comes off like a 15 yo high school sophmore. And what's with that laugh?

Great start to probably another great DC series. So far, since Batman the Animated Series I think they've all been great from Batman Beyond to The Batman to Batman The Brave and The Bold. This one is no exception.
How about Superman's reaction to finding out that he has a clone? How about Captain Marvel and the Martian Manhunter's reactions? I hope we have another long series here. I'm also liking Bruce Greenberg from Under the Red Hood as Batman. If you can't get Conroy his is the next best thing.

Back