Wayback Wednesday - Hot Toys Rambo!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's that time of the week - Wayback Wednesday! I was going to update my very first Hot Toys review, thinking that would make for some interesting discussion. But my first reviewed HT figure was their original Robocop (although I have a few before that, and I also had guest reviews of earlier figures, that was my first review). He's interesting...but not as interesting as the one I picked to update first.

I went with their First Blood Rambo for today, and not their first, but the last - the M65 jacket version. I picked this review because it highlights the changes in their products over the last decade...but that's not the full reason. I went with this one because of one particular photo in the review - with the current U.S. political scene, you'll know which one. I completely forgot I had that figure...I have to dig it up and include it in more current reviews!

Anyway, you'll find the original Rambo review here:

Review and photos of First Blood Rambo sixth scale action figure by Hot Toys

Yea, now I gotta dig him up and start using him in more reviews - I completely forgot I had him! He talks too!

This was my FIRST 1:6th figure ever, started me down a long road...much like the road travelled by JJ Rambo (with less Police beatings and forays in to abandoned mine shafts lol)

Back when you could get Hot Toys for under 100.00. :slap

And when people use to post absurd rants about prices are increasing so fast that there would be a day not too far in the future where a bare bones figure may cost $200. Idiots! :rotfl

Love this figure.

My very first HT was the Rambo III, and the M65 Jacket version was just stunning back in the day.

Still have him displayed till this day, while many past figures have already been boxed up (including the Rambo III). The only Rambo that beats this is the EB 1/4th, but apart from that, this one is top notch.

Back