WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The film exceeded my expectations. As faithful to the source as I could have hoped for. I'll be seeing it again tonight and expect to enjoy it more as I won't be analyzing it and constantly comparing it to the book.

Saturday Morning Watchmen:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/YDDHHrt6l4w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/YDDHHrt6l4w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Everything was great.

Until they butchered the ending. Seriously. They forgot the most important parts of the book (Manhattan meets with Veidt, Laurie and Dan retire, etc.). Big mistake and the end f-in' sucked.

Everything was great.

Until they butchered the ending. Seriously. They forgot the most important parts of the book (Manhattan meets with Veidt, Laurie and Dan retire, etc.). Big mistake and the end f-in' sucked.

well, if you think about it, I don't think they f-ed up the ending at all. It's not going to be 100% the same, but the spirit of the book was still in the film. I actually liked what they changed.

Ending was fine. It was everything minus the gigantic vagina squid.

But still the movie was great. I had my issues. Lack of back story on some things. But I enjoyed it.

Most of the nit-picks people are having with certain scenes, back-story and pacing should be fixed with the extended edition, so I'm not going to fully judge until I've seen that.

Most of the nit-picks people are having with certain scenes, back-story and pacing should be fixed with the extended edition, so I'm not going to fully judge until I've seen that.

Sound reasoning. That's how I came to judge the Lord of the Rings films, liking RotK but being ultimately disappointed until viewing the extended edition which negated every issue I had with the theatrical cut. Hopefully the case will be similar with Watchmen's Director's Cut.

I was shocked and i really enjoyed it but i do believe the DVD will be better like the LOTR DVD's. I think he did a great job with the film.

I was shocked and i really enjoyed it but i do believe the DVD will be better like the LOTR DVD's. I think he did a great job with the film.

I have no complaints about Snyder. He naturally has a violent style that shocks at every turn. Dr. M splattering those mobsters across their girlfriends and all of the other restaurant patrons was over the top, as was Big Figure ordering one of his associates to saw off the arms of the other. All together, the stylization didn't bother me much, only when it necessarily affected the characters and wasn't in line with their personalities.

I still don't get all the complaining about Manhattan's ^^^^. The way people have been talking I was expecting that thing to be in every shot and him swinging it around at everybody just to let them know he had a big blue ^^^^.:lol:lol:lol

My wife is more excited to see this than I am....she keeps sending me emails and even text messaged me "Hurn...." (how many remember he grunts that as well as Hurm?) a few minutes ago. Its kind of funny since she only was introduced to the Graphic Novel earlier this week. For me the end of the day can't come fast enough, I'm superpsyched.

Back