WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS allowed)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you say so. :rolleyes:

Why even keep going with this, especially when I could just stop bickering and leave you in the auspices of Morgan Freeman. :chew
celebrity_pictures_morgan_freeman_soothing_voice.jpg

And all is again right with the world.

Haven't seen Wolverine yet, so I can't speak to where I thought it crashed and burned, but it doesn't seem to be pretending to be anything aside from brainless entertainment in the trailers. Bastardization of Deadpool aside I'm just expecting explosions and ludicrous fights.
i've seen it and your expectations are still too high.

Updated numbers as of Tuesday the 7th.

TOTAL LIFETIME GROSSES
Domestic: $105,583,400 59.6%
Foreign: $71,516,347 40.4%

------------------------------

= Worldwide: $177,099,747

In Release: 33 days

Last edited:
There probably is none. The "Reshoots" was just Ryan doing his part for the film, due to doing other stuff at the same time.

The end fight, it is Reynolds, but you can tell he was added in later, as there are no scenes where we see Jackmen and Reynolds in the same frame. Except one.....and its a green screened shot.

Well, "Watchmen" has left my area so...the long wait for the DVD begins...

After all, the theater had to make room for Miley Moron and the latest Rogan-obnoxious-fest so...nothing worth seeing at the 'plex up here til May...

Saw and enjoyed "Watchmen" three times though...

I think the film was so faithful to the novel that I love it just as much, in a couple places I love it more. For me:

Movie's Edge
Dan witnessing Rorschach's death instead of having sex with Laurie. HUGE advantage the movie has for me. I hated in the novel that it wasn't addressed.
Veidt's idea to use Manhattan instead of the squid worked.

Comic's Edge
Sally loving Eddie. Absent in the film.
Laurie's dislike of Eddie had more development so the reveal was better.

I really feel they couldn't have done Watchmen better. Can't wait for the director's cut to see more added in.

I would have to say the prison scenes/prison fight might be my favorite scenes of the film. Love all of it.

One hell of a necropost.....

I bought the movie on bluray about a year ago....Ultimate Edition for only 10 bucks. It was a rush job re-release, timed to tie in with the TV show. But I bought it anyway cause the original Ultimate bluray was long since out of print and expensive.

It has, hands down, some of the ugliest, laziest cover art I've ever seen. I think someone spent about two and a half minutes slapping this cover together.

Oh well. Ten bucks.

71dBgWKhNAL._AC_SL1012_.jpg

Back