WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Put me the the group disapointed that Rorschach died. I think letting him live wouldn't have mattered. Who would have believed him anyway? Everyone felt he was crazy to begin with.

Even though Rorschach died, his journal remained, which made for a great ending.

It leaves you with a really open ended finish, I thinks its cool to think of the shock waves that Rorschach's published journal may or may not have caused.

Rorschach dying for his unbreakable beliefs was great I thought.

Just How Dark Will 'Watchmen' Be?
BY: BRAD BREVET | FRIDAY, AUGUST 1, 2008

Let me lead off by telling you this article does have a story spoiler in it if you have never read the Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons graphic novel "Watchmen". However, if you have already read the novel this article is going to be quite informative as I just couldn't handle not asking Jeffrey Dean Morgan about a specific scene from the novel that I felt had to be in the movie and could not be changed in any way. The scene I refer to is pictured above and takes place at the end of the Vietnam War in which both The Comedian (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and Dr. Manhattan (Billy Crudup) play a large role in.
The scene is a defining scene but it is extremely graphic and will certainly raise some eyebrows at the MPAA if not at Warner Bros. as well. Throughout the interview Morgan had consistently referred to how tough shooting some of his scenes had been.

"Getting into the heads of these characters was kind of an ordeal. The actions of The Comedian are brutal sometimes." He continued, "This is stuff that's a little different than anything I have ever done, and it was stuff that I had a hard time with. There are a couple of things The Comedian does, and I never ever in a million years thought there was something I would have to think twice about, as an actor, but I could make no excuses for it. There were a couple of rough days of filming where I was just like, 'This is tough.'"

I am only going to discuss one scene, but I am sure "Watchmen" fanatics will easily be able to figure out what the second scene Morgan is referring to. However, my main concern was making sure the Vietnam scene was still 100% intact and Morgan was quick to reply, "Yeah, yeah. It's there. It's tough, that's a tough thing. I think that scene and the [other scene] were two things that I'll forever remember as an actor."

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sounds like they are making it even more graphic than originally written, as
Spoiler Spoiler:

Buttmunch - "Oh, I also felt bad when the mutant Lynx died I've got a soft spot for animals."

Me too, BM - it doesn't seem to matter what genre the movie is, the animal that the audience gets attached to always gets knocked off to get a reaction. I think the only animal I can think of which didn't was the cat in Alien - because the audience expected it to get offed.

The death of the butterflies and hummingbirds also made me sad.

This is a spoilers thread, right? Does that mean we can discuss the spoilers of the graphic novel as well?

...because my favorite part was when we find out at the end it was the Comedian who masterminded the whole evil plot.

j/k :monkey3

:mwaha

It just sucks that I had to read that, 'cause really all I come into this thread for is to look at the pretty pictures. After all it's a MOVIE SPOILERS thread, not a NOVEL Spoiler thread. :(

I was confused myself.

That really would suck if it happened to me, but since it happened to someone else, it is funny! (again, j/k)

That's why there's a spoiler button. There is no use having 2 different threads on a subject it it can be helped. It's not that hard to use it. I don't care really, but this is for the people that do.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's why there's a spoiler button. There is no use having 2 different threads on a subject it it can be helped. It's not that hard to use it. I don't care really, but this is for the people that do.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I know and I really wish that guy had used it, I typically do not click on them.

Ye be warned stepping into a SPOILER thread.

Has the new behind the scenes video been released yet? They comes out the 6th every month.

:mwaha

It just sucks that I had to read that, 'cause really all I come into this thread for is to look at the pretty pictures. After all it's a MOVIE SPOILERS thread, not a NOVEL Spoiler thread. :(

For some reason I think the two are in fact the SAME spoilers! :rolleyes:

Who dat? Who died??!?!? :D

I didn't want to mention any spopilers in my earlier posts either cause I knew some people were still reading the book to prepare for the movie. Although the (SPOILERS) in the thread title can be confusing as well, I agree.

And Daisy gets hit by a car.

darth_vader_nooo1.jpeg

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll post these pics to try and save this thread from the turn for the stupid it was taking...

91.jpg

51.jpg

61.jpg

71.jpg

81.jpg

31.jpg

41.jpg

21.jpg

Back