Watchmen confusion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How hard could it be to make Rorschach? He's a human character on an ordinary true type, there's no light up features or anything that would require a lot of R & D.

eeeeehhh. its a bigger issue than you think. Sure, clothing, no big deal but what do they do about the mask? is it cloth? Which even with HT could look bad with sculpted hair underneath, or is it just a sculpted mask? What do you do about his changing face pattern or do you just pick one and make it the only option?

Biggest issue, probably the one issue why he was not done... he's so small he'd need a completely new body and they'd have no reason to market that body "slimer, shorter true type" who on earth else would you use that for?. Maaaaaybe he could have gotten away with the slim as it's a bit shorter but i'd wager it's not accurate enough.

every time HT does a new body they find a way to justify the tooling costs..

MJ Billie Jean - marketed as the slim tt
MJ Thriller - slim african american tt
Silken Floss - Silk Spectre and the female tt
Wolvierine - Comedian

They were using sure bet moneymakers like Wolverine and MJ to go all out with tooling costs and seeing what mileage they could get with the sculpt on something less of a big seller like they did with Comedian.

I did :)

We should all go to that Poll on the Avatar character at HT, go in the other box and say Rorschach! If you get enough, maybe they'll listen...

Might as well, what do you got to lose. I went ahead and put Rorschach too.

Lets not over flow the Avatar section on facebook with Watchmen Id rather have a really good Jake then a Rorschach at all...

eeeeehhh. its a bigger issue than you think. Sure, clothing, no big deal but what do they do about the mask? is it cloth? Which even with HT could look bad with sculpted hair underneath, or is it just a sculpted mask? What do you do about his changing face pattern or do you just pick one and make it the only option?

Biggest issue, probably the one issue why he was not done... he's so small he'd need a completely new body and they'd have no reason to market that body "slimer, shorter true type" who on earth else would you use that for?. Maaaaaybe he could have gotten away with the slim as it's a bit shorter but i'd wager it's not accurate enough.

every time HT does a new body they find a way to justify the tooling costs..

MJ Billie Jean - marketed as the slim tt
MJ Thriller - slim african american tt
Silken Floss - Silk Spectre and the female tt
Wolvierine - Comedian

They were using sure bet moneymakers like Wolverine and MJ to go all out with tooling costs and seeing what mileage they could get with the sculpt on something less of a big seller like they did with Comedian.

I think they could get away with using the slim body. I have it and its pretty small. Maybe not perfect scale but close enough so we can get a Rorschach. Two heads. One with the most common print and an actor head.

I could live with the slim TT body also.

And totally dude agree with the who cares about tarnishing the avatar poll. They will make every thing from that movie possible. it wot make no difference. Im gonna do it too

Definitely post on their Facebook page about wanting the other Watchmen.

But I'm afraid the boat has sailed.

We don't know what's set sail or sunk at this point.

But it would be the stupidest decision the company's made so far if they fail to release the money maker of a line before ending it.

If its done then its based on over sea sales I would think. There was no news on either figure when they were released, unlike Ironman and Batman where we saw in hand pics everyday. Even if Silk Spectre was perfect, I think this line was in trouble.

This is if they had the TDK license, made Harvey Dent, and Rachel Dawes, and forgot the Joker and Batman.

Stupid choices to roll out first. I have to agree with DD at this point, it's done. When has HT ever come back to add to a low selling line?

blame the mediocre performance of the film. blame the substandard quality of silk specter. blame ht's aggressiveness for hot new licenses. who's going to care or remember about rorschach when they're announcing cool new licenses every other week?

i still have my fingers crossed though. the only one i need from the line.

The Comedian is a homerun for Hot Toys. He would have been the better figure to get 1st, along with Rorschach. SS would have been a better 3rd or 4th choice along with Night Owl.

I'm happy to campaign for Rorschach, for 2 big reasons, 1. He'd be an awesome figure -no doubt about it and 2. I got my favorite Watchmen (the Comedian) so I'm happy to help out those who want theirs.

They made three fundamental mistakes:

1) They led with a female figure, knowing that female figures almost always are less popular than male/mechanical characters in a hobby dominated by men (that's just the way the world works).

2) They followed up with a figure that DC Direct had already done a credible job on based on people's reports here at SSF.

3) They gave Comedian only one head sculpt with an expression that frankly makes me think 'want some candy little girl'...plus the whole smiley face button fail.

Basically they did everything they could to not succeed with this line, including keeping fans unsure if they would do all six figures. Night Owl should either have been their lead figure or Silk Spectre should have been released simultaneously with him since they are an obvious pairing.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

this is somewhat true :lecture

Definitely post on their Facebook page about wanting the other Watchmen.

But I'm afraid the boat has sailed.

Does this mean the DC Direct Rorschach is going to become expensive?

I just want to know before it does.

I have the same question. It would sure help if they could possibly come out and tell us one way or the other how things stand. Is there a point in trying to contact them some way?

Is there a point in trying to contact them some way?

I wrote to HT to lay out the business sense in producing Night Owl II and Ozymandias at a minimum since neither was covered by DCD and thus many people will want them at this point for a full set of six. And I of course noted the immense overall popularity of Rorschach among fans.

They responded, thanking me and telling me the would forward my message to their production department.

Back