Was faramir a poor choice?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer the original poster's question, if we knew that we were ONLY going to get 7 figures, then what would I want instead of Faramir?

My answer would have been a ringwraith or Saruman. Definitely a baddie.

As for the Faramir figure itself, everything was fantastic with this figures except the paint apps. Mine was horrible. But mine is now repainted and the figure looks amazing. (Same thing done to my Aragorn.)

As for the reason(s) for the line's demise, it certainly wasn't because of the Faramir figure. It's been discussed ad nauseum but in my opinion it was the extremely slow release schedule that just got many collectors jumping ship to other things. If the initial releases had come in the same pace as those in the Star Wars line, I think it would have been more successful. Throw some baddies and some armored figs into the mix and this would easily had been the finest 1/6th figure line being produced, bar none. It was the only line that I was determined to be a "completist" on.

But alas, this was not to be the case... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

the post is supposed to be about, if we knew we were only going to get seven would you of wanted Faramir? That's pretty much all I'm asking, not if you think the figure sucks or if he killed the line.

the post is supposed to be about, if we knew we were only going to get seven would you of wanted Faramir? That's pretty much all I'm asking, not if you think the figure sucks or if he killed the line.

Which I answered in the very first part of my reply. :confused:

To answer the original poster's question, if we knew that we were ONLY going to get 7 figures, then what would I want instead of Faramir?

My answer would have been a ringwraith or Saruman. Definitely a baddie.

The rest of my reply was directed at the other posters' comments regarding if Faramir was part of the reason for the demise of the line.

LOL :lol

Well, I do have HORRIBLE vision when I'm not wearing glasses/contacts (seriously, like 20/1000 or something ridiculous like that - can't even see the biggest line on the eye charts!) But I'm terrified of Lasik. Any machine that shoots lasers into my eyes is one to avoid, IMO!

Sorry to bring up a sore subject re: Captain F... please forget I mentioned the Cap :eek:

Dusty I got Lasik done about two years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. My vision was horrible and I couldn't see crap without glasses or contacts.
While the process isn't pleasant, its not unbearable and the recovery is pretty quick. Now I can go swimming and see the kids in the pool or the ocean, I can get up in the middle of the night when one of them has a nightmare without fumbling for my glasses and inevitably dropping them.
However the best thing is to wake up and open your eyes and actually SEE the room. SEE the digits on the alarm clock instead of a glowy red blur. Having peripheral vision that works. Not having lenses to clean. Not worrying about dropping a contact, etc etc.

Anyway, we need a LOTR villain or ten.

Dusty I got Lasik done about two years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. My vision was horrible and I couldn't see crap without glasses or contacts.
While the process isn't pleasant, its not unbearable and the recovery is pretty quick. Now I can go swimming and see the kids in the pool or the ocean, I can get up in the middle of the night when one of them has a nightmare without fumbling for my glasses and inevitably dropping them.
However the best thing is to wake up and open your eyes and actually SEE the room. SEE the digits on the alarm clock instead of a glowy red blur. Having peripheral vision that works. Not having lenses to clean. Not worrying about dropping a contact, etc etc.

Anyway, we need a LOTR villain or ten.

What was unpleasant about the procedure? I've been thinking about having it done.

We need ANYTHING LotR!! :D

More than anything its uncomfortable. If you have worn contact lenses for any amount of time its not that bad.
After they make the cut, its very difficult to focus on the blinking light in the machine. The second eye is a little more uncomfortable than the first since you know what to expect. But the whole thing is over so fast it doesn't matter much.
Recovery was a breeze. Really felt no different than when I would wear lenses too long.

Can we get the right spellings of Gandalf and Saruman please.... call yourselves fans? Geez... j/k :D

Also, its 'death knell' not 'death nail'... right... end of english lesson.

Foromir was not a poor choice, even if I knew they were only going to make seven - the paint was the only thing that hurt this figure. A previous poster said 'some' of the paint apps were bad... I would say the vast majority had bad paint apps and the photos in the "The merciful williking GREAT Captain Faramir image thread" back me up. I never had him on my display shelf for this reason ... he never would've seen the light of day unless I got him re-painted and since the line is indefinitely 'on hold' I decided to flog my exclusive... which I will probly regret...

I too would've been a completist in this line.

Can we get the right spellings of Gandalf and Saruman please.... call yourselves fans? Geez... j/k :D

Also, its 'death knell' not 'death nail'... right... end of english lesson.

Foromir was not a poor choice, even if I knew they were only going to make seven - the paint was the only thing that hurt this figure. A previous poster said 'some' of the paint apps were bad... I would say the vast majority had bad paint apps and the photos in the "The merciful williking GREAT Captain Faramir image thread" back me up. I never had him on my display shelf for this reason ... he never would've seen the light of day unless I got him re-painted and since the line is indefinitely 'on hold' I decided to flog my exclusive... which I will probly regret...

I too would've been a completist in this line.

:lol ;)

Back