• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WARNING - Riko is a SCAMMER!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Riko a Scammer?

I think its about time Dave and some of you mods get together and throw that rule right out of the window.

Dang it - I just typed out a long response and lost it all. :mad:

First, the posts I deleted were at the request of the OP. These were not warning posts that this guy could be a scammer...they were posts Rika made in this person's WTB thread and profile demanding money.

Second, we have the rule because often times people will troll these threads and post remarks like "that's not worth that price" "you're a fool for asking that much", etc. I agree if someone has information that a person is shady then that information should be shared. But we would still need to look into these accusations. You'd be surprised what some people will say about someone just because they don't like them or have the same item for sell themselves and want to get rid of the competition.

Third, when I added Riko to the negative feedback section, I noticed he had ZERO FEEDBACK on this board. I know we all got to start out somewhere, but everyone should be wary of giving someone large amounts of money when they have no feedback at all. The more this board grows the more scammers we are going to attract. It's the nature of the beast. The feedback thread can be a great tool if you use it. And always protect yourself by using paypal and a credit card.

That is some crazy stuff GatackFC. And Riko has been on here for awhile too. If you can't even trust people with tenure on the boards, then who can you trust? I also feel like your chances of getting your money back is pretty high. I wish you all the luck dude.

Reading about greedowan being threatened is just crazy! I mean greedo...you were interested in something I was selling and I PMed you like 3-4 times and you never got back to me. But it doesn't force me to stoop to threatening someone or blackmailing. That alone is more than enough to get riko banned.

And Senbi575, seniram6 are both awesome people. Senbi575 has a BD Mark III en-route from me to him. I hope you guys all get your money back. You're all good people.

Re: Riko a Scammer?

Third, when I added Riko to the negative feedback section, I noticed he had ZERO FEEDBACK on this board. I know we all got to start out somewhere, but everyone should be wary of giving someone large amounts of money when they have no feedback at all. The more this board grows the more scammers we are going to attract. It's the nature of the beast. The feedback thread can be a great tool if you use it. And always protect yourself by using paypal and a credit card.

Have to second this. Its safer to deal with establised members of the board who have feedback :lecture:lecture

I've made it aware on Mediworld and PM'd one of the mods there about, Riko.

This is what Lonnie (lcummins) posted in Riko's FS thread that was deleted:

Ok, let's try this again... please do not derail other's sales threads. If you have issues with a seller, please take it up with them in PM's, and if you think you need to warn others, please leave appropriate feedback in the feedback thread. If you have positive evidence of wrong-doing, please report it to a Mod so that the appropriate action can be taken. Thanks for your cooperation.

I agree with this. If anyone has evidence then please report it to the mods or if you have had a bad transaction with someone please be sure to leave the appropriate feedback.

Well I think I'm screwed in this matter, before you guys give me flak I know I'm stupid for doing this but, I sent the payments to him as a "gift" option as I always do when I purchase something from someone on these boards to help the seller avoid paypal fees. My issue now is how do I get that money back or dispute it? Any help would be awesome. I was thinking of calling paypal Customer Service tomorrow and telling them everything as well as providing e-mails and the posts from this thread as proof. It helps he signed all his e-mails as 'riko'.

What was the source of funds? Credit card? Paypal credit etc? If its a CC you can file a chargeback. If its Paypal credit, you're at Paypal's mercy when you call them...

What was the source of funds? Credit card? Paypal credit etc? If its a CC you can file a chargeback. If its Paypal credit, you're at Paypal's mercy when you call them...

:lecture - I hope you used a credit card.

Please don't send $$ as a gift UNLESS you know the seller well. It's just too risky. If the seller is complaining about paypal fees you can also send him a a little extra to cover the costs or split them 50/50.

We have good people on this board who are courteous like you were. Unfortunately there are people who prey on that kindness. Business is business so always protect yourself unless you are dealing with someone you have full confidence in.

Good luck - I hope you get your $$ back.

280 on paypal credit, 220 from a transfer from my bank.

Ouch - call your bank and see what they can do. Also notify paypal asap....though I don't know what security you have for transactions marked as a gift.

Ouch - call your bank and see what they can do. Also notify paypal asap....though I don't know what security you have for transactions marked as a gift.

I got the emails from the transaction as proof, but I do not know how they will hold that as substantial proof. Lesson learned. a damn $500 dollar lesson :banghead:

I got the emails from the transaction as proof, but I do not know how they will hold that as substantial proof. Lesson learned. a damn $500 dollar lesson :banghead:

Dude try everything to recover your money. I really really really hate hearing these horror stories. Good luck. I hope karma kicks in any second now.

Dude try everything to recover your money. I really really really hate hearing these horror stories. Good luck. I hope karma kicks in any second now.

I hope the bank can recover the 280, better recovering 280 than nothing but to be honest I'm going in expecting nothing to really happen. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Thats why as nice as the seller can be I will never send it to them as a gift. I tell them I would rather pay the 3 or 4 percent.

I really feel your pain guys, that guys was a serious *********.
I remember once asking him from where part of beglium he was and he never answer clearly.

ALso never hear of that Waffle day thing?

Ok, Riko is now banned from Mediworld and his Batpod sale thread has been removed. I've also made this aware of his names on onesixthwarriors.com, Riko of course, Erik Saeys and vereecke.

Back