Warlock664's DC Direct 13" Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
batman84cover.jpg

inclosed is her golden age into silver age costume.

her ankle boots are purple to and her sleeves were like gauntlets that hooked around thumb. where as the other one had a point on the hand these were straight acrossed

Finished up a DC Direct 13" custom of The Riddler a while back; this is the first true villain that I've made (Catwoman kinda straddles the line). I used a DCD Golden Age Green Lantern as the base, repainted the hair, repainted a DCD Robin mask and GA Green Lantern belt, repainted a pair of gloved hands, and made the rest by hand.
I dyed some white lycra to get the right shade of green for the costume, made a pair of gauntlets, and made a pattern for the question marks and cut them out individually from a sheet of self adhesive fabric patch (painted black with acrylic paints). Over time I'm afraid they're going to peel, so I may have to anchor them with some fabric glue.

DSCF2835_zps9759bfe7.jpg

DSCF2837_zps86e865f3.jpg

DSCF2838_zpsbaf1273e.jpg

(and here's a sneak peak at one I'm currently working on):

DSCF2842_zpsbb1d23ca.jpg

Very nice customs. Your E2 robin in the bat style suit is awesome.
Really like all your figs.

After an extended break, I finished a couple of new 13" DC Direct customs today - the Simon & Kirby Golden Age Sandman and Sandy, the Golden Boy. After starting his career in the classic suit/gas mask/fedora costume in the early Golden Age of comics, in December of 1941 Sandman was updated with a more traditional superhero costume and given a kid sidekick (they were all the rage in the 40's!).
For Sandman, I used a DCD Superman figure & head, painted a pair of Green Arrow boots I had, used Lex Luthor's holster & kryptonite ray gun to stand in for his wirepoon gun, and the rest I made by hand.
Sandy is a movie Spirit figure with the head repainted, he's wearing Superman's trunks, belt and modified boots, he also has a Lex Luthor holster & gun, and the rest I made by hand.
Mostly satisfied with how they came out, though I may take another stab at Sandman's mask at some point.

And here's a pic of them with my custom of the earlier incarnation of Wesley Dodds:

Thanks Battoys12! I realize these DCD 13" figures are much maligned, but I've enjoyed customizing with them. The bodies, while certainly having their limitations with articulation, allow for a very super-heroic physique that is hard to find in standard 1:6 scale bodies, most of which would look terrible with form-fitting Lycra costumes. I was lucky to find a lot of these at bargain prices a few years back, but the supply seems to have dried up somewhat. I can still find them on the cheap, but I have to search a bit harder these days.

I hear you there. I'm still hunting figs to complete my collection then hopefully find some to do customs.

I hear you there. I'm still hunting figs to complete my collection then hopefully find some to do customs.

Best of luck with that; I still maintain that, even with their flaws, they're the best line of cloth-costumed superhero figures ever made!
Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, and classic Batman and Robin are among the pricier figures to obtain, but most can be had reasonably with some patience.
Hey, are you Battoys on the Mego Museum as well?

Yep! I am. Been Rocking the Battoys Handle for almost 16 years now. Since I got my first PC and discovered RTM(Raving Toy Maniacs). Sometimes I have to ad a number or 2 when I Join forums these days.
I've actualy have managed to collect a extra classic Bats and a Robin Body.

Back