Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, BTW...
Seriously man do you not think it looks really silly?
... real life characters looked waaay more silly in this film. :lol Would prefer all of them to be CG too because while I appreciate real sets and props they still looked off (WarCraft humans and their stuff should be bulky).

Oh, BTW...

... real life characters looked waaay more silly in this film. :lol Would prefer all of them to be CG too because while I really appreciated real sets and props they still looked off (WarCraft humans and their stuff should be bulky).

Yeah, I can agree with that.

This movie has made close to 500 million and there's talk the sequel won't be released here. So 50 million at least isn't worth a US release? It's weird how these things work. I have a feeling the second one will do better anyway.

If ithe first one found a second life on video, perhaps they would release it here. I'm guessing the cost to promote the film here might significantly eat into whatever revenue it generated. Still, they could release it quietly and hope whatever fans saw the first one would manage to find it when it's released.

I don't really hate Warcraft franchise or anything, but I think this movie still sucks. I watched it 2 times and unfortunatelly it just doesn't work for me. The biggest issues for me are the plot and all those boring and utterly lame human/alliance characters. Not that the orcs are super multidimensional, but at least I can feel for them and relate to them.

Plot has too many holes and there seems to be much that has been cut out of the movie or rushed. Characters are just bouncing from place a to b to meet a person x that we don't know anything about. It would have been nice to know why some "things" happened in the movie. Now those things just happen...can't really open this more because of the heavy spoilers.

I have always been a Horde player, but I don't know how those human characters can be so bland. Then there are some characters that you as a member of the audience should feel for, but it is really difficult when their total facetime is like 2-4 min in the whole movie (like Uther's lame a$$ son). And about that romace between Garona and Uther...please :rotfl But there is more, like the idiot king, whose "final decision" didn't make that much sense.

I feel a bit bad for Jones. I have liked some of his movies, but this just isn't all that great. Too bad, because even though Warcraft is a bit naive and clean high fantasy, it kind of has a lot of potential to be much better and entertaining.

I would give like 1,5/5

I don't really hate Warcraft franchise or anything, but I think this movie still sucks. I watched it 2 times and unfortunatelly it just doesn't work for me. The biggest issues for me are the plot and all those boring and utterly lame human/alliance characters. Not that the orcs are super multidimensional, but at least I can feel for them and relate to them.

Plot has too many holes and there seems to be much that has been cut out of the movie or rushed. Characters are just bouncing from place a to b to meet a person x that we don't know anything about. It would have been nice to know why some "things" happened in the movie. Now those things just happen...can't really open this more because of the heavy spoilers.

I have always been a Horde player, but I don't know how those human characters can be so bland. Then there are some characters that you as a member of the audience should feel for, but it is really difficult when their total facetime is like 2-4 min in the whole movie (like Uther's lame a$$ son). And about that romace between Garona and Uther...please :rotfl But there is more, like the idiot king, whose "final decision" didn't make that much sense.

I feel a bit bad for Jones. I have liked some of his movies, but this just isn't all that great. Too bad, because even though Warcraft is a bit naive and clean high fantasy, it kind of has a lot of potential to be much better and entertaining.

I would give like 1,5/5

I just watched this the other day, I actually enjoyed it for the most part, the only thing that really bugged me was the downer events in the end of the film, it was like one bad thing happened after another and I don't feel like anything was resolved and felt like sequel bait. I actually didn't have any trouble following the plot or characters and everything made sense to me. I don't really notice plot holes unless someone points them out but I didn't notice anything here. Things happened and then it was explained after it happened, which I didn't have a problem with and that happened early enough that it allowed my mind to adjust and wait for the explanation and I felt like I always got it. I gave it 3/5 with the last act being the biggest let down for me.

I just watched this the other day, I actually enjoyed it for the most part, the only thing that really bugged me was the downer events in the end of the film, it was like one bad thing happened after another and I don't feel like anything was resolved and felt like sequel bait. I actually didn't have any trouble following the plot or characters and everything made sense to me. I don't really notice plot holes unless someone points them out but I didn't notice anything here. Things happened and then it was explained after it happened, which I didn't have a problem with and that happened early enough that it allowed my mind to adjust and wait for the explanation and I felt like I always got it. I gave it 3/5 with the last act being the biggest let down for me.

I agree with this. Nothing special but I liked it anyway, I've always enjoyed the Warcraft lore.

I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and enjoyed it.
Not the most imaginative of movies, but it was fun and the CGI looked pretty good. It was also fun to see Fimmel on the big screen, although he is better (or was, I should say) as Ragnar.
Didn't really notice any plot holes either.

Gave it a rewatch for the first time since theatrical release...
Felt better this time because I already knew what I don't like so the themes and characters carried me through.
It's not great but good enough. Like a B fantasy from 80's but with a budget and CG.
The soundtrack is beautiful. Djawadi is life!

I hope they'll make a sequel.

Nothing was resolved because if i remember correctly (it was a while ago i played wacraft) this movie was only half of the first Warcraft game.

The film only resembles games and books. The story and characters are very different overall.

I don't get this "nothing was resolved" POV. The Guardian's dead, the Portal's closed, the King of Stormwind is dead, Lothar's the leader of the Alliance (Humans, Dwarves, Elves and Mages) and Garona will try to bring peace between them all. It's an open-ended finale but things happened big time.

Duncan Jones:

“This first film is about establishing the world, and showing Durotan helping his son escape a dying planet,” Jones told the audience. “So to me the idea over the course of three films would be for Thrall to fulfil that vision of Durotan to create a new homeland for the Orcs. So in [the sequel] it would be the adolescent years of that baby, and anyone who does know their Warcraft stories would know it’s very much a Spartacus story that goes on with that character. I would basically follow that through. And with the human side of it, which is a little less clear of how that would follow, but basically there is an aftermath to this film which would need to be completed. And on the Orc side you’re very much following that baby, Go’el, known as Thrall in the universe, and how he eventually creates the Orc homeland.”

Good to hear that he wants a book inspired origin story for Thrall.
I hope it gets made.

It made money they should make 2 and 3. All they need to do is adapt their spending on advertising to suit the markets it made its money from.

Back