Walking Dead customs threads

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
The licensor for The Walking Dead has requested that sales of Walking Dead merchandise not be allowed on this forum. So if you're looking for a specific thread and it's not there - that's probably why.

However you can still show your customs or sculpts that you have done for your own private use - but they cannot be offered for sale.

Not sure why anyone would want a custom when you've got this beauty out there for purchase:

u2vIsQv.jpg

Oh Oh I have a question. Does this mean that a legiment company has a 1/6th scale license now, or is Macfarlane pi$$ed that someone else is stealing thier thunder?

Yepp, this section just got really boring to me. Only custom figures I buy and build are TWD. I still can admire the craftsmanship of others here, however

Thought something like this would happen so not surprised, at least I can still see people's creations and ponder on the licence!

Kinda doubt it's Sideshow who has the license. They hold licenses for Star Wars, DC, Marvel and others and nothing has been said about the multitudes of customs being produced from those properties. If it AMC or whoever controls properties for Walking Dead that could be a different issue. Walking Dead figures are kind of like Wrestling figures; by the time the assortment hits the pegs half the characters are dead, or working somewhere else.

Guess it was inevitable....amazing how many TWD threads had surfaced in the last few months. Glad I have my Rick pretty much sorted.

Should be interesting to see if/when this license is acquired.

Kinda doubt it's Sideshow who has the license. They hold licenses for Star Wars, DC, Marvel and others and nothing has been said about the multitudes of customs being produced from those properties. If it AMC or whoever controls properties for Walking Dead that could be a different issue. Walking Dead figures are kind of like Wrestling figures; by the time the assortment hits the pegs half the characters are dead, or working somewhere else.

I agree.

Sideshow has been aware of this forum for years, and even posts here, and could've shut down any number of projects but hasn't. I think this was just the license holder acting pre-emptively. I think the veritable swarm of TWD projects around here was certainly overwhelming though, and I can't say I'm sad to see them go. I think AMC is likely trying to license it out to 1/6 but nobody wants to pay for it for various reasons, and seeing people here offering TWD stuff doesn't help

Well.....whoever it is, they better get on it! THis thing is hot now! They're wasting their time in not getting in on this and I don't understand why. I think tis time next year,we'll all still be wondering who holds the license.

I'm closing this thread - we can't have discussion of sale of this merchandise any more.

As far as I know no one has the 1/6 license - it's just the licensor shutting down unauthorized sale of merchandise from a show they control.

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back