Wait List questions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riky

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone have good (or bad) luck with the wait list lately? I heard that the marvel items have the worst result on the wait list. I have never used it before, but wondering what my chances are if I sign up.

Re: Wait List

Anyone have good (or bad) luck with the wait list lately? I heard that the marvel items have the worst result on the wait list. I have never used it before, but wondering what my chances are if I sign up.

Like anything else, it depends what you want.
For example, you'll have a better chance of scoring a Black Panther on the WL than you would a Wolverine.

Was hoping to get the X-23 comiquette

Wow...not sure this deserved its own thread....but welcome to the board....:dunno

If you miss something that hasent actually shipped yet you can usually find it on a ebay store and usually even cheaper then sideshow. example there are heaps of wolverines on there

The quicker you jump on the waitlist the better you'll get converted. I jump on it asap and have always been converted to an order.

I never had luck with the one i really want except for Guile EX which i waitlisted after 5 min

<i>Wow...not sure this deserved its own thread....but welcome to the board....</i>

Not sure why it cant be. This forum is not just limited to reviewing or talking about figures but any questions that pertains to figures. Its just that the popular threads such as reviews of figures will be bumped and this and other questions will eventually be lost.

This is in response to "riky" question: it wouldn't hurt to sign up. if one happens to show up you will have it. I have received some wait list items.

<i>Wow...not sure this deserved its own thread....but welcome to the board....</i>

Not sure why it cant be. This forum is not just limited to reviewing or talking about figures but any questions that pertains to figures. Its just that the popular threads such as reviews of figures will be bumped and this and other questions will eventually be lost.

Let me elucidate my point. "Wait List" is an extremely generic and vague thread name/topic . There are conversations on a continuous basis on various existing threads about the probability of potential for wait list conversions for that specific item. This is because you can't generalize about the probability of any non specific wait list converting, as it greatly depends on the piece in question.

Case in point. If you read the Wolverine PF thread there is an ongoing conversation about the probability of a wait list conversion. The general feeling is that the conversions will be slightly limited. ON the other hand, had you been seeking the X-force diorama the chances were extremely high that your wait list would convert.

Asking "how often do wait lists convert?" without specifying a particular statue is like asking how smart animals are. You need to narrow down the topic for the question prior to making the inquiry.

Was hoping to get the X-23 comiquette

If it is the Exclusive you want, it is extremely unlikely to impossible it will convert. It has been too long. If it is the regular you want, there is a slightly higher chance it will convert, but, again, it has been too many months since it shipped. Better to look for one from a retailer, or one from the secondary market for the Exclusive.

Wait list?

Hi all, just wondered if it was worth going on the 'waitlist' for an item?? Do they hardly ever fulfill the order? Or am I still quite likely to get the item - I'm waiting on the Ex Hulk Comiquette which I'm assuming is very popular. But thought I'd give it a go.:cuckoo:

Re: Wait list?

Don't think this particular WL will convert considering that it's been so long since it was released.

Hi all, just wondered if it was worth going on the 'waitlist' for an item?? Do they hardly ever fulfill the order? Or am I still quite likely to get the item - I'm waiting on the Ex Hulk Comiquette which I'm assuming is very popular. But thought I'd give it a go.:cuckoo:

You should def jump on a waitlist if there is a statue that you like. I just recently started collecting and already I can't tell you how many have converted for me. That said you obviously have a better shot at having soon to be released statues from converting. At this point I'm thinking the Hulk comiquette has been out for too long and I don't forsee that one converting, but again it doesn't hurt to try. I personally would jump on some waitlists for upcoming marvel PF statues. Rouge EX looks amazing as does Buckey Cap PF and Cyclops PF. I'd also suggest getting on the Vampirella waitlist cause the sculpt is RIDICULOUS!

In short def use the wait list system because dreams can come true as a result :hi5: Best of luck with the Hulk comiquette waitlist.

OH and almost forgot my Thor plug...if you're into busts, get the Thor 1:1 while you can because the in hand pics are totally rocking...and well it's Thor :wink1:

I merged your new thread with the existing 'wait list' thread we have.

I think it depends on what you are going on the wait list for and when they were released really.
Hulk items are fairly popular (maybe with the exception of the LSB) so all you can do is give it a try and get yourself signed up.
Good luck, I hope you get one :duff
x :peace

So, I'm on the wait for the EX do you reckon I should go on for the regular version too?? Oh and yes definitely into thor, loving the most recent Arc in graphic novels, really got me into him.

Yea def get on both, again though I was on it and ended up just having to buy it in the secondary market because I figured I was out of luck on that particular statue.

Right on...long live THOR!:yess:

Thanks AdoptedScot, I apologise, I keep having my threads moved oops. I'm a bit green to this website but have been collecting loved statues for ages. Will try and be a bit more investigative before i put a thread up in future sorry all.:thud:

One more question though - as I read it SS don't charge your card until the order actually goes through, am I correct??:slap

Back