VTS Toys :1/6 NEW EPOCH COP (VM-013)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most people can't accept the fact that they are already collecting dolls similar to Barbies gilrs collect, to the point they need sculpted hair to justify their manhood.

rooted hair is the future, and in the future there will still be companies messing up with rooted hair just like how restaurants can still mess up their spaghettis.

No, rooted hair is not the future. At least not until there is a significant breakthrough that will make the individual strands thinner while also adding a more believable weight to the material.

Just look at the current female figures that Hot Toys have on preorder: Jyn, Ripley, two Harleys. All various lengths of hair, all sculpted.

Most of us who prefer sculpted hair do so because we think it looks better. Because it DOES look better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, rooted hair is not the future. At least not until there is a significant breakthrough that will make the individual strands thinner while also adding a more believable weight to the material.

Just look at the current female figures that Hot Toys have on preorder: Jyn, Ripley, two Harleys. All medium length hair, all sculpted.

Until they can somehow get around having sharp ass plastic looking hairlines on foreheads and make the hair look not look like it's obviously a separate entity from the rest of the head, yes you're right on the money. Medium length doesn't need rooted, and I'm sure it's more cost efficient to just sculpt and paint it.

Just look at the current female figures that Hot Toys have on preorder: Jyn, Ripley, two Harleys. All various lengths of hair, all sculpted.

Most of us who prefer sculpted hair do so because we think it looks better. Because it DOES look better.

when you say most are you putting words in the mouth of the majorities?

if it's easy to make a good hairdo people won't need to go to hair salons and pay big bucks for a hairdo.

it's not about whether Hot Toys lack the technology or skills to produce good quality rooted hair sculpts, it's whether they are willing to invest in hiring professional hair stylist to work on the hair, as currently there isn't much skilled workers specialize in rooted hair. technology & skill are definitely there and i would guarantee rooted hair is the future, i would even say it would be the standard for 2018.

if you are complaining about how thick rooted hair are, well, you should go back and look at how thick your sculpted hair are.

Until they can somehow get around having sharp ass plastic looking hairlines on foreheads and make the hair look not look like it's obviously a separate entity from the rest of the head, yes you're right on the money. Medium length doesn't need rooted, and I'm sure it's more cost efficient to just sculpt and paint it.

you got the cost efficient part right.

Your hairdo is marvelous.

GkZdA5h.jpg

when you say most are you putting words in the mouth of the majorities?

if it's easy to make a good hairdo people won't need to go to hair salons and pay big bucks for a hairdo.

it's not about whether Hot Toys lack the technology or skills to produce good quality rooted hair sculpts, it's whether they are willing to invest in hiring professional hair stylist to work on the hair, as currently there isn't much skilled workers specialize in rooted hair. technology & skill are definitely there and i would guarantee rooted hair is the future, i would even say it would be the standard for 2018.

if you are complaining about how thick rooted hair are, well, you should go back and look at how thick your sculpted hair are.

"Most of us WHO prefer" not "Most of us prefer." I am "putting words into the mouth" of the people who DO prefer sculpted hair, stating why they prefer it. I am not assuming that the majority of people prefer sculpted hair, just stating why many of us think it almost always looks better. I apologize if English is not your first language and I somehow confused you.

Also, sculpted hair is not made up of individual strands of hair, so I don't understand what you mean by going back to "look at how thick your sculpted hair are" compared to rooted hair. The thickness of current strands of rooted hair are just nowhere close to being in scale with a 12 inch figure, making a full head of rooted hair look even more out of scale. Go look at any Thor figure and any Black Widow figure and seriously tell me that the BW hair could ever sit closer to her head and less puffy/thick than Thor's.

Yep, that body is the obvious choice for Anderson.... nope... hope they don't go this route with Furiosa.
95498b576e397a0cf9a5f8e64acf876b.png

Last edited:
How is this meh? The pics seen so far aren't done in a way that represents the figure. Wait until we all have her in hand, looks like what I thought it'd look like and I can't wait for her to arrive

So far the headsculpt looks tragic.. I went for vts version over the art figures one because it didnt look like it was going to need more money going into it (ie new headsculpt) I will attempt to reproduce the promo photos when its in hand, but i highly doubt it will get the same results.
As for rooted hair, I am a fan for it on female sculpts. I have a hot toys Gamora and not only is the head sculpt outstanding from all angles but the routed hair is fitted along side a painted on hair line so it is disguised nicely. The hairline on this epoch sculpt will be hidden in the fringe once it is all cut and styled so its not going to be an issue - getting it to that state is going to be the issue lol :rotfl

Hmm... looks a bit better here. Maybe the paint will bring the likeness...
By the way, the body has huge breasts and ass. Cuttin' them in half is a must. :lol

s-l1600.jpg

I had enough trouble getting Art Figures Dredd's vest to zip up. How am I gonna do it with those?!

"Most of us WHO prefer" not "Most of us prefer." I am "putting words into the mouth" of the people who DO prefer sculpted hair, stating why they prefer it. I am not assuming that the majority of people prefer sculpted hair, just stating why many of us think it almost always looks better. I apologize if English is not your first language and I somehow confused you.

Also, sculpted hair is not made up of individual strands of hair, so I don't understand what you mean by going back to "look at how thick your sculpted hair are" compared to rooted hair. The thickness of current strands of rooted hair are just nowhere close to being in scale with a 12 inch figure, making a full head of rooted hair look even more out of scale. Go look at any Thor figure and any Black Widow figure and seriously tell me that the BW hair could ever sit closer to her head and less puffy/thick than Thor's.

you already explained it all, sculpted hair has much less definition than rooted, miles behind rooted when it comes down to realism. i guess realism is not your part of the game you just want dolls represented in the way you like it.

How can there be so much negativity based on a couple photos from a figure dismantler....wait for people to get it in hand and style the hair and then decide

you already explained it all, sculpted hair has much less definition than rooted, miles behind rooted when it comes down to realism. i guess realism is not your part of the game you just want dolls represented in the way you like it.

Lol, no, in fact I didn't "explained it all" in my post. If anything, that's the opposite of what I was saying. I honestly can't tell if you are just messing with me at this point. No one can be this daft. Admit it, are you just messing with me?

But yes, rooted hair will be the wave of the future and everywhere by 2018! The biggest 1/6 company on the planet, Hot Toys, has a whole one figure (Wonder Woman) announced for 2017 that has rooted hair. But sure. It's the wave of the future! Lol.

Look, I honestly don't care that much one way or another. I preordered this knowing it had rooted hair, and thought it looked good in promo pics. But if the hair had been sculpted then it could have at least had the actual look it had in the movie, which is not possible with rooted hair.

I still eagerly await better in-hand pics.

Back