Voltron: Defender of the Universe - Live Action Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, that's just concept art, there is no guarantee that is what the final design will look like. I'm gonna hold off final judgment 'till I see something official.

voltronexcl1-big.jpg

ouch....

that looks like a painful transformation.

form aaaaarrgghhhhhmmmssss.:gah::lol:rotfl

This BayFormers style organic, exposed, over designed bollocky rubbish does my nut in. Hire some Japanese designers who know how to design mecha and leave them to it FFS

Why do you guys want blocks so much? I mean, somethings just dont translate well to live action. At all.

This BayFormers style organic, exposed, over designed bollocky rubbish does my nut in. Hire some Japanese designers who know how to design mecha and leave them to it FFS

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Why do you guys want blocks so much? I mean, somethings just dont translate well to live action. At all.

Yeah, like Bay's adaptation skills!!!
:lol!!
I'd rather have blocky classic actual Transformers over Bay's non-sensical pseudo-Bionichles... :nana:

Do you know what a tank looks like? Imagine that scaled by 20x and thats what a modern world Voltron would look like.

Its not going to be all boney and thin plated and all of its gears and wiring and tubing exposed.

one well placed shot will destroy a piston or hydraulic hose and then that POS is done for. the world will be doomed. how hard would it be to cover all the exposed areas with armor?

Eh. I'll take Bayformers over anything. I never liked the look of Voltron. Someone gave me a Voltron toy once, I didnt like it. I like my robots looking either really biomechanical, or really dynamic. And I just dont think the original is all that dynamic.

It's basically western design vs. eastern. IMO there is no comparison. The Japanese created mecha as we know it and their work is unparalleled. This westernised take on some of their works (TF's and Godzilla for example) look like eaten up and ____ted out versions of the iconic originals...If it ain't broke, don't fix it...or in Hollywood's case, ____ it up:lecture

Back