Visit to Weta Cave, Auckland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeeTee

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I am going to visit this beautiful country next month, one of the must visit place is obviously Weta Cave Auckland. I plan to buy as much collectibles from LOTR and Kong lines as I can from there (Yay, be gone shipping fee!)

My questions are, am I able to get those which are officially sold out in Weta website, Such as Rivendell Numbered Edition? The Argonath? Moria? the website said Moria only ship to NZ address, so I assume it is still available to buy from Cave?

Can someone who has visited Weta Cave Auckland shed me some light?

Have a great trip and if you can share pics. As far as buying things that are sold out I would say probably not. Though, having never been there that's a total guess.

Try asking on WetaCollectors.com, there are a few NZ folk on there who might be able to answer your question, and even pop down to the Cave themselves to find out!

OK folks, i will post some pictures at weta cave auckland, and i will be going to Matamata, the actual shoot location of Bag End!

OK folks, i will post some pictures at weta cave auckland, and i will be going to Matamata, the actual shoot location of Bag End!

You lucky #?@!-*... :)

Best of luck on your trip. :wave

Really looking forward to seeing those pics. :hi5:

:duff
Bill

You lucky #?@!-*... :)

Best of luck on your trip. :wave

Really looking forward to seeing those pics. :hi5:

:duff
Bill

He wouldn't be able to post the pictures.

It's in the NDA that he or she has to sign before they let them in.

You can take pics but not post or share them. :exactly:

What if someone broke into his house, "stole" his memory card and posted the pictures? :naughty

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, we have people post pics of the Weta Cave at wetacollectors all the time.

guys i'm talking about the bag end location or hobbiton as it's commonly known, not the cave. :lol

:exactly: THIS.

I think we can post the Hobitton set photos AFTER a certain movie is out this coming December.

The movie set was re-dressed last year for the shooting of the new movie, that's why NDA needed for visitors.

Back