Vinyl Semi-Deformed Star Wars Figures from Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to see SSC branch out (I guess) it is true that the SD figures are for a completely different type of collector. But the Darth Tater is cute and has fans here, so perhaps the SD will as well.

I was dying to see a PF Boba :banghead . Or even a new 12" line, an update on the Expanded Universe line, a pic or two of Grievous, but this is seriously disappointing. I guess the only good thing out of this is that it'll free up some money for the Jaws maquette.

I think they're cute but wouldn't even consider spending a penny on them. I like SSC branching out but honestly they should spend their budget on the dormant lines everyone is still dreaming of and not this stuff.
And giving these two slots on the product preview page has to be very disappointing for all you star wars addicts. I know how you feel, check the two Ermey's in the military section. Demagogic almost. Bad grades for this stunt, chaps.

Yeah, Toyfair this year is a D at best, and that's only because I really want that Jigsaw Puppet. Not that some of the stuff released isn't nice, Spidey, PF John Wayne, PF Buffy and Legolas all look GREAT, just not offerings i'm interested in buying. For me though this is also the weakest Toyfair lineup i've ever witnessed, but thanks for the break on my wallet SS. NOW WHERE'S THE NEXT SW PF #$%@#$ #$%@# $%$ #$%^!!!!

I was so excited to see those two open slots yesterday and when they were put up and I clicked on them I laughed and thought it was a good joke by SS.
I was shocked to see it wasn't a joke.

But I think they have really put out the 12" SW figures and I don't want the paint factories in China to be overwhelmed or rushed to get these out. So while disappointed a little I figure it is good if they slow down some. I am enjoying seeing some of the other new items in other lines, that 12" Arnold looks fantastic.

Here's what they look like for those who haven't seen them:

Darth Vader
VCD-Vader.jpg

Boba Fett
wcc20-esb-boba-05.jpg

Stormtrooper
VCD-Stormtrooper-001.jpg

They're not bad for what they are. I have no idea how big they are, guessing 4-6 inches. But they are toys, and most people here want collectibles. How are these going to look next to a 12" figure or even a PF?

Darth Waller said:
Boba Fett
wcc20-esb-boba-05.jpg

That at least would have given me some form of Fett to order! But it looks like it's just Vader and the Stormtrooper for now. I will buy that deformed Fett if they offer it, but none of the others.

Eh, to each his own, I suppose. I happen to be a big fan of vinyl/designer figures in general, and was upset that these figures were NOT initially available outside of conventions in Japan. While this news doesn't excite me half as much as a new 1/6 figure announcement would have (and to be fair, it was supposed to be Mace before the beans were spilled prematurely), I'm quite happy to finally get these at (I'm assuming) reasonable prices.

Obviously, I wouldn't display these in the same area of my collection as the 1/6 pieces, but they'll look very nice near my Clone Wars Animated figs, SW SD, Galactic Heroes, Invader Zim, Dunny's, Ci-Boys, Neo-Kaiju, etc.

:banana

Darth Loki said:
They're not bad for what they are. I have no idea how big they are, guessing 4-6 inches. But they are toys, and most people here want collectibles. How are these going to look next to a 12" figure or even a PF?

I believe they're 8-9 inches tall.

pitchin said:
my question is why??

who is really gonna buy these?

SW TF dissappointment this year............SS weakest year so far

And my question is: would you rather have Sideshow release something now, for no other reason than "well, it's Toy Fair", or would you rather have the exciting announcements come throughout the year - to spread out the excitement, as well as the wallet strain?? Seriously, I'm curious to know the answer - do you want all the good stuff at once, having it over and done, with nothing really to look forward to until Comic Con - or would you rather have it spread out to prolong the goodness? (and I'm not just asking of you, but of the majority) :confused:

Because it looks to me like last year there were a ton of exciting announcements for Toy Fair that pretty much held throughout the year - leading to a lot of waiting for things to ship and low lulls in the buzz and discussion. I think our approach is somewhat different this year, and it's causing some concern that there will be no exciting announcements coming until Comic Con (maybe that's how it's been in years past - I wouldn't really know since I haven't been with Sideshow for very long) - whereas this year the goal may be to spread those announcements throughout the 12 months more. Keep in mind that just because it doesn't show at Toy Fair doesn't mean there aren't cool things coming! :duff

Last edited:
I'm fine with spreading it out personally. Especially with SDCC not that far away. I want to see some new exciting stuff when I get there I know that. I'm excited by several of these piece but wish there was 1-2 more LOTR items but you can't have your cake and eat it too as my mom says. :D

Speaking for myself I kind of like this year's line up because they all aren't must haves! I'm more worried about Comic Con with us going is there going to be a exclusive for each line that Im going to have to try to get:
1/4 SDCC exclusive SW
1/4 SDCC exclusive LOTR
1/6 SDCC exclusive SW
1/6 SDCC exclusive LOTR
1/4 SDCC exclusive Marvel
SDCC exclusive Marvel vs

yikes! Thats a lot of exclusive's they can make
:google

SideshowDusty said:
And my question is: would you rather have Sideshow release something now, for no other reason than "well, it's Toy Fair", or would you rather have the exciting announcements come throughout the year - to spread out the excitement, as well as the wallet strain?? Seriously, I'm curious to know the answer - do you want all the good stuff at once, having it over and done, with nothing really to look forward to until Comic Con - or would you rather have it spread out to prolong the goodness? (and I'm not just asking of you, but of the majority) :confused:

Because it looks to me like last year there were a ton of exciting announcements for Toy Fair that pretty much held throughout the year - leading to a lot of waiting for things to ship and low lulls in the buzz and discussion. I think our approach is somewhat different this year, and it's causing some concern that there will be no exciting announcements coming until Comic Con (maybe that's how it's been in years past - I wouldn't really know since I haven't been with Sideshow for very long) - whereas this year the goal is to spread those announcements throughout the 12 months. Keep in mind that just because it doesn't show at Toy Fair doesn't mean there aren't cool things coming! :duff

Dusty, I apologise. All I knew was I woke up to seeing these and it was my 1st post. As far as I'm aware SS hasn't publicly stated the fact that things were going to announce product slowly this year compared to last year as you said yourself "I think our approach is somewhat different this year". So when I saw these & posted I was going by last years release plan

Viking28 said:
Speaking for myself I kind of like this year's line up because they all aren't must haves! I'm more worried about Comic Con with us going is there going to be a exclusive for each line that Im going to have to try to get:
1/4 SDCC exclusive SW
1/4 SDCC exclusive LOTR
1/6 SDCC exclusive SW
1/6 SDCC exclusive LOTR
1/4 SDCC exclusive Marvel
SDCC exclusive Marvel vs

yikes! Thats a lot of exclusive's they can make
:google

I agree. Your right if they do that to us I think my CC might literally kick my ass.

Back