Vintage Style 12" GIjOE Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 45th Anniversary GIjOE

I would love to have an authentic Vintage Joe... but honestly I don't know jack about them. What they are worth, what they should come with. But still... just to have one to represent that part of 1/6 figures would be awesome :rock

This is something I've been thinking about for a while...

Anyone know what the FIRST GI Joe would cost these days? Mint (or near enough) and complete, unboxed?

This is something I've been thinking about for a while...

Anyone know what the FIRST GI Joe would cost these days? Mint (or near enough) and complete, unboxed?

It all depends. He goes for bank at JoeCons. But if you attend a toy show, you can find great deals.

It all depends. He goes for bank at JoeCons. But if you attend a toy show, you can find great deals.

What numbers - even broad estimates - are we talking here?

And do you know exactly what I'd even be looking for? All the 12" Joes look the same to me...

I feel kind of stupid asking - I know a lot about GI Joe, but really my knowledge is limited to the RAH stuff from the '80s.

What numbers - even broad estimates - are we talking here?

And do you know exactly what I'd even be looking for? All the 12" Joes look the same to me...

I feel kind of stupid asking - I know a lot about GI Joe, but really my knowledge is limited to the RAH stuff from the '80s.

That's EF's specialty. I've seen him complete and in good condition for as little as $50 boxed at Weekend of Heroes on closing Sunday. I would've been kicking myself but it was either him or Sideshow's Patient Zero for $150 (who was going for $800 at the time).

The original GIJoe as in Action Soldier, Marine, Pilot and Sailor from 1964? Mint with box and everything, $300-$500.

12" Joseph Colton from 1994? $20-40 complete. They are easy to come by and usually have several on ebay cheap.

That's EF's specialty. I've seen him complete and in good condition for as little as $50 boxed at Weekend of Heroes on closing Sunday. I would've been kicking myself but it was either him or Sideshow's Patient Zero for $150 (who was going for $800 at the time).

The original GIJoe as in Action Soldier, Marine, Pilot and Sailor from 1964? Mint with box and everything, $300-$500.

12" Joseph Colton from 1994? $20-40 complete. They are easy to come by and usually have several on ebay cheap.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was talking about the original one from the '60s. I think I could handle that... any problems/common flaws I should be looking for?

Same as any other figure, wear, cracks and paint rubs. With the vast amount of reproduction 40 and 45th figures made, there is not real reason to get a original unless you just have to have it. The repro's you can get off ebay for $20ish. They are in the pics at the start of this thread.

My persona favorite, is the Club Talking Adventure Team Commander. He can be had from $60-90.

Plus, with all the repro parts, it might be hard to tell if a loose is actually 100% original unless you're an authority on the subject.

Those joes are cool. My Dad had a few of those as a kid. I'd have to ask him which ones he had.

Good advice... Now I just need to find out where to learn more about this... I WOULD like the original though, not a repro. Kind of the point of having him, imo.

Got the GIJoe Club Doctor Isotope figure a couple weeks back. Pretty kewl figure!

stash_doctor_isotope_02.jpg

stash_doctor_isotope_03.jpg

I'm a Hasbro collector through and through, I only recently got back into collecting, but it took off like a vengeance, for me it was the Adventure Team that put me into 1/6 collecting, yes, I am guilty of being one of those guys in the 90's that actually laughed back in the day at the 12 inch joes (the hall of fame ones)....but like some many kids who grew up in the 70's and 80's my joes were small. Then a funny thing happened, my uncle brought me his and my dad's joes from their childhood, Action soldiers and green berets, I was hooked!.....The coolest thing my uncle gave me was the adventure team headquarters, it was the artist in me, the art was so simple yet effective, I then through many contacts found the G.I.JOE Atomic man secret outpost, and what can I say, If it's a 1/6 G.I.JOE I have to have it.

That box for your Doctor Isotope is cool, there's a guy on ebay making different versions, I really like the one with the comic he made.

Hmmmm.... That Doctor Isotope is an interesting and unique figure for the club! I like the club figures but got tried of buying them as they would clearance them out at Christmas... Ouch!

I dug out a couple of the Walmart adventure team Joe's from storage, I'm putting together a review for tomorrow and figured I would post a photo here.

24266592949_afd4f1f579_b.jpg

Yea the Wally World figures are pretty good and inexpensive.

The upcoming Club Mike Power looks nice. Hope they end up offering a Bulletman. Still need to grab the talking Pilot and Sailor.

stash_gijoe_vintage_eight_ropes_02.jpg

stash_gijoe_vintage_talking_commander_02.jpg

stash_gijoe_vintage_talking_commander_aa_02.jpg

stash_gijoe_vintage_talking_marine_02.jpg

stash_gijoe_vintage_talking_soldier_02.jpg

Back