Vintage kenner fabrics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddyW

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I'm working on some customs which need cloth accessories. For this, I'm trying to find out what kind of fabrics Kenner used on the vintage SW line. In particular, the following capes:

Bib%20Fortuna%20cloak%20front.%20POST.jpg

LandoGen%20with%20cape%20back.jpg

LJ%20snap%20cape%20Post.jpg

Does anybody know? I tried asking in a couple of sewing shops, but all I got was blank stares, so any help is appreciated.

Your best bet may be to go to a fabric store that has rolls and rolls of fabric to see if anything is close to those fabrics.

Are you making a General Lando? :naughty

Best bet is to go to more of a local fabric store (meaning not Joanns or Michaels).

If you find the fabric then please share here and Rebelscum forums. I'm sure others will want some.

Good luck.

Yeah, I did that already and the thing I could find that came closest to the the Luke Jedi cape is called "tricot". (Forgot to mention this in my first post, sorry about that). It has different weaving pattern on both sides, like Kenner's and it can be cut, without the fabric falling apart around the edges. The reason why I'm not to fond of it though, is the fact that it's very stretchy, while Kenner's fabric is rigid. The other fabrics mentioned (bib and lando's), I haven't found something even remotely similar to.

Back