Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on a Colorforms kick right now. I loved these things as a kid. Picked up this two pack at a local toy show recently.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Very nice! The only one I currently have in my collection is ajn unopened Pee-wee's Playhouse set. I loved them as a kid.

The only other one I have right now is the Gremlins set. I'd love to pick up some 70s sets, but they are a challenge to find still sealed.

My newest vintage addition is this bootleg TRON "Laser Cycle". It is about half the size of Tomy's version and come with a miniature version of the Gobot "Spoons" for a driver:

1eea496c5dcfefc68d09f952a83792fb.jpg

04855a8355eaeae64e231d91c1c1ba91.jpg

c474258e6f37e0c2cdbf49a04fd541f8.jpg

f62250e64007466539c7c9b5c5e84d13.jpg

7e81616c800f2afa50434a64d60aabd4.jpg

It was made in 5 colors that I know of: Blue, Red, Yellow, Green and Gray/Silver.

LOVE the Dinosaucers! Trying to complete my set, looking for an Allo with decent paint. These are great, thanks for sharing.

Check eBay - there's one in there now and even has his weapon.

I'm in the same boat with Ghengis Rex. I have one in poor condition and missing his tail. Here is a new picture with where I am up to date. Since the first picture Ive been able to acquire a third Quackpot, poor Ghengis Rex, and weapons for Quackpot, Rex and Allo. Let me know if you ever see a Ghengis Rex in good condition and congrats on your own collection - would LOVE to see pics since there arent many out there who collect these.

Dinosaucers.jpg

WIN_20150726_230044.jpg
WIN_20150726_230206.jpg
My Dinosaucers with some random bootlegs. Need their weapons, BADLY! Thanks for the heads up on the eBay Allo, I'll keep an eye on it.

Nice I've hoped to find some of those stickers and pins but whenever I did it was a poor time financially.

I really lucked out with all my weapons. I need one more gun for Bronto and a quality Rex to be satisfied. I may mold and cast the accessories in the future because those are so hard to find and I don't know many of them floating around.

As far as the bootlegs - I've always struggled on whether or not I wanted them. Perhaps one day.

I've got about a dozen, probably more original cels.

It's been one of my favorite franchises to try to hunt collectibles down for and its always a huge pleasure to run into others that collect them.

You're welcome for the Allo tip - if you ever see of a Rex anywhere maybe you can send word my way.

I thought the days of vintage 80 toy scores at garage sales were long gone.. but there are some great finds still out there. Came across a star wars/gi joe/ljn wwf lot this weekend and grabbed everything at about 630am (7am was the listed start time). Amongst the highlights were a brown snake mint complete yoda, and holo cheek tusken raider variant.. plus a Rowdy Roddy Piper complete with kilt figure and wrestling ring with undamaged ropes/buckles.

F72203F6-33D7-477D-89CC-752933C33185_zpsp5nfhhqg.jpg

7127D884-F3DD-49C5-B621-2CF53ACD8CE4_zpsmsykz5dv.jpg

A Remco Creature AND Phantom? Ugh, I'm soooo damn jealous. I'm such a huge Remco fan and am only missing the Monsterizer for my 3.75" collection. For the 9" line I have a boxed Frankenstein, loose Drac and a custom Mummy. The Creature and Phantom are my most wanted but the cost is just way outta my budget right now and they're not easy to find.

Last edited:
I thought the days of vintage 80 toy scores at garage sales were long gone.. but there are some great finds still out there. Came across a star wars/gi joe/ljn wwf lot this weekend and grabbed everything at about 630am (7am was the listed start time). Amongst the highlights were a brown snake mint complete yoda, and holo cheek tusken raider variant.. plus a Rowdy Roddy Piper complete with kilt figure and wrestling ring with undamaged ropes/buckles.

View attachment 201347

View attachment 201348

You got lucky, congrats. People always say that stuff is still out there but I'll be damned if it is around here. In the last 20 years of garage sailing, I've come across Star Wars figures ONCE and that was only because the guy's wife put them out by accident and he refused to sell them. It broke my heart. I did end up getting a bunch of vintage Micronauts stuff off him so it wasn't a total loss, but Star Wars is the one thing that I always look for and never find.

Very cool, where did you find it?

On eBay. I've known about the line for quite some time but they don't get listed that often. The few times I've seen them at Toy Shows, the dealers want $40-50 each for them which is way more than I'm willing to spend.

WIN_20150803_232950.JPGWIN_20150803_233018.jpgWIN_20150803_233037.JPGWIN_20150803_233529.jpg
LOVE the Remco Monsters, all of my loose figures I got as a child. Been trying to complete a carded/box set, which is extremely difficult as you said. Sorry for the lackluster pics.

I have the regular figures loose and the GITD set carded on the harder to find glow cards. That set took me almost 6 years to complete:

392f63f8013101ef2a38fd3eff669911.jpg

33196d0e9e25ec094d2cbfb98a5402ea.jpg

Those Monsterizers are GORGEOUS!!! That's my white whale. I had a few shots over the years but then out of nowhere the prices skyrocketed to 3-4x the value. It breaks my heart.

Thanks! Your glow in the dark carded set is MIGHTY impressive, been looking for those, but as you said, they are not easy to come by. The mini monsterizer works, the large one does not unfortunately. I remember as a kid the battery acid leaking out of it & ruining my Mom's carpet. She wasn't too pleased, but in my defense she bought me the darn thing! BTW, 100th post! Only took 6 years...

Hey guys,

I'm looking for help.

I recently won a Kenner Super Powers Superman and was looking to restore it. The mechanism isn't completely broken, but very loose. Is there any way, any guide online on how to repair that? I've looked but can't seem to find anything.

Thank you in advance,

JP

JP, not that I'm aware of. The figures are glued or welded together so you'd have to open them up.

Back