Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to pick up the Saw Boss from the Wheeled Warriors line some day, it was the only vehicle/character i had from that line and i did watch Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors when i was younger just not many fond memories of the show just that toy.

SawBoss2a.jpg

Did figures fit into that? I forget.

It was a pretty cool line.

M.A.S.K. by Kenner. This was my first enjoyable toys long ago so in The 00's I started collecting them again. Kind of a mix between gi joe and transformers. Had comic line and cartoon also.

Though I did keep my original Ninja Turtles and should dig them out for some pics also.
Enjoy

Bet theres some Great stuff in this thread (400+ pages) will have to check it out more.

Cool pic, is that you with that Switchblade?.

I had a few sets, Condor, Rino,Volcano,Switchblade and my first set was Thunderhawk, fondly remember getting him from my father when i had my birthday at a Chunk E Cheese one year(85).

Had loads of fun with these toys, great playability.

I have very fond memories of one Easter at my grandma's house, when I got Superion (gestalt Transformer made up of jets) and the yellow and purple MASK guy who rode the neon green helicopter/motorcycle. I loved both of those toys.

Did figures fit into that? I forget.

It was a pretty cool line.

Was similar to Mirconauts but, only the good guys had pilots from what i remember, Saw Boss morphed into his vehicle mode. Was another line that had toy first and show later that was loosely based on the toys.

[/quote]

I was such a toy nerd at 5 years old, that I had a strong idea of who made what. That said, I was a big Kenner Toys fan, and loved M.A.S.K. It was always a tie between them and Hasbro for me, but I think I always leaned towards Kenner for all the different stuff they made.

Cool pic, is that you with that Switchblade?.

I had a few sets, Condor, Rino,Volcano,Switchblade and my first set was Thunderhawk, fondly remember getting him from my father when i had my birthday at a Chunk E Cheese one year(85).

Had loads of fun with these toys, great playability.
Yep, got some more pics of me with my others (Gator,rhino & hurricane) circa 198x. Had the plates and all one bday myself.:lol

Was similar to Mirconauts but, only the good guys had pilots from what i remember, Saw Boss morphed into his vehicle mode. Was another line that had toy first and show later that was loosely based on the toys.

Yeah, that must be why I was confused!

Pretty cool line.

M.A.S.K. by Kenner. This was my first enjoyable toys long ago so in The 00's I started collecting them again. Kind of a mix between gi joe and transformers. Had comic line and cartoon also.

Though I did keep my original Ninja Turtles and should dig them out for some pics also.
Enjoy

Bet theres some Great stuff in this thread (400+ pages) will have to check it out more.

Yeah, definitely check it out. I've been kind of out of the loop myself lately and should look through the past hundred pages or so. There's definitely some great collections here.

MASK was cool but I never got even one as a kid. Always wanted to, but GI Joe and Star Wars took priority. Had a few Transformers as well, but not that many.

The Switchblade was the one I always wanted, though. :)

Enjoy

Welcome to the board and the thread! Those are some great pics! I'm a big MASK fan and collector as well. I don't have any pics of me as a kid with them but I oddly have a picture with my Grandfather playing with my Slingshot truck, it's pretty neat to see.

Mask I never really got into although we did have the green helicopter/motorcycle thing. That one toy was like 80s child's right of passage. Seems everyone had it. I was always more of a figure kid than a vehicle kid though. Nowadays Mask is something I wouldn't mind getting into at soe point. Matt Trakker and the Camaro are must-haves at some point down the road.

I remember Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors by name only for some reason. Although to be fair there was so much out there when I was a kid. Now the toy aisles are just sad.

Enjoy

Indeed! Welcome! Love the vintage christmas shot.

Ha! Nice! Thanks you! My brother had the grenade and I'm pretty sure the pocket knife too whereas my cousin had the flashlight which really lit up up too. Great stuff. Weird, yes, but great nonetheless.

Yup, i'll see if i can find one...

Ah, so annoying. Sticker sheets were the bane of collecting GI Joe vehicles. I couldn't stand how they had been applied in 99% of the loose samples I've seen, and they way they deteriorated over time, ugh... And I hate sticker wear.

I've bought all my vehicles with unapplied stickers as a result of this little OCD of mine. Many of them sealed in package. It's gotten particularly difficult now that I've got pretty much all of the ones I want (mainly '82-'86), except for most of the Sears exclusive repaints (red HISS, Dreadnok sets), the blue SNAKE, and the Flagg...

I thought maybe MASK would be comparatively easy to collect, but I guess not. I bought a bunch of Dino Riders a couple years ago, and they're stickerless, but they have other issues... namely EXTREMELY brittle parts. I still gotta take some pics of those and see if I can get some replacements... it's a very cool line!

Here are Reproduction Stickers that probably look "better" than original.
stickerfixer.com

Thanks for The Welcomes:wave

That's a pretty cool link. CobraStickers and Reprolabels are two other great sites for decals.

I actually do use repro stickers on my GI Joe vehicles, but I'm still OCD about whether or not they had stickers on them to begin with.

The problem with GI Joe stickers is that they tend to leave marks on the vehicles after time. I'm not talking about the sticky residue that can be removed with Goo-Gone, either, but actual discolouration in the plastic.

So what I typically do is buy a vehicle with stickers unapplied, keep the intact sticker sheet (which is usually all gooey anyway), or otherwise try and track one down for completeness if it's missing, and use repro stickers on the actual vehicle (because they don't really look right without them, usually). I've used Ruben's stickers in the past, since CobraStickers wasn't available at the time. Eventually I'll probably remove them, give them a good wash, and put new stickers on them... maybe I'll use CobraStickers then. Ruben's were great but it was pretty time consuming to cut them out with an x-acto blade.

I found some items, but i'm having issues with finding the going rate price of these vintage items. I've tried Ebay, and didn't get a good gauge on them, checked around various auction sites, and still no good. Maybe someone can help me, by chance.

All are in OK condition. Most of them are dusty, some have worn boxes. So like I said, hard to tell an accurate amount.

I have some specific items i'll point out if they're in a group.

IMGA0030_zps0cf2e316.jpg

IMGA0025_zps227ef7fc.jpg

IMGA0017_zpse4d07488.jpg

The droid tractor.

IMGA0011%20%282%29_zps4ec4ed3b.jpg

The Cylon.

IMGA0005%20%282%29_zps347a3d13.jpg

IMGA0020-6.jpg

IMGA0008-8.jpg

Although it has a ding in the back now, broke the package almost open.

Also have a bag full of various Star Wars toys. Like some ewoks, troopers....some other things.

Thanks!

Back