Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think these are the oldest figures in my collection

flash gordon & ming the merciless

DSC000782.jpg

I had quite a few of these way back when... I've thought about getting a Lizard Woman figure. These guys used to get mixed in with my Star wars figures all the time as a kid.:clap

here are more stuff i'd like to share

gi joe

the first 13
DSC08396.jpg

But those are swivel arms arms right ? Not straight arms ?

Just a random question here guys but do you think the 80's era of vintage cartoons was really that great or is it just because we have those found memories of growing up with this nostalgic stuff.

I have this debate with my wife about cartoons and music and her take of the argument is always that "we grew up in that era therefore it's bias that we think it was the best era for these types of subects"

I disagree btw, I really don't think that today's generation doesn't have the same opportunity of characters that we had to choose or be entertained from being a 80's kid.

For me it's a combination.

Are the toys made today better... yes. Are they based on better material ... not really ...

I am nostalgic. I have many memories tied to my stuff from yesteryear.

Some of it has to do with what little my dad gave me before he went on his own and how it influenced me and it was a reflection of his likes (Think Mego Planet of the Apes and Star Trek, playmobile, Action Team).

The other is my ties to my mom and who for being a single mom doing her all tried to get me what she could to tie me into the world I lose myself in everyday when I came home. Worlds I loved and held dear to my heart til today.

So for me it's a mixture of reasons and all that in the end bring a tear to my eye when I think on it too much.

I apologize Jo, I got you mixed up with Slade aka the guy who looks like Thomas Magnum. :lol

Wait? What? :lol

Yep, Slade and I go way back and we have pretty similar taste in collectibles... he's just a bit crazier than I am :lol

I too had some of those transforming McDonalds toys... I kind of remember the dinosaurs, but I think they were from after I was past the Happy Meal age :lol

Waay crazier--even before you were a dad and had hair down to yo ass.

Just a random question here guys but do you think the 80's era of vintage cartoons was really that great or is it just because we have those found memories of growing up with this nostalgic stuff.

I have this debate with my wife about cartoons and music and her take of the argument is always that "we grew up in that era therefore it's bias that we think it was the best era for these types of subects"

I disagree btw, I really don't think that today's generation doesn't have the same opportunity of characters that we had to choose or be entertained from being a 80's kid.

For me, some of it is nostalgia and some of it is because there seems to be more originality in the 80s shows than the newer shows.

And I'm and old fart, so the crap I grew up on will always be better. :lol

For me it's a combination.

Are the toys made today better... yes. Are they based on better material ... not really ...

I am nostalgic. I have many memories tied to my stuff from yesteryear.

Some of it has to do with what little my dad gave me before he went on his own and how it influenced me and it was a reflection of his likes (Think Mego Planet of the Apes and Star Trek, playmobile, Action Team).

The other is my ties to my mom and who for being a single mom doing her all tried to get me what she could to tie me into the world I lose myself in everyday when I came home. Worlds I loved and held dear to my heart til today.

So for me it's a mixture of reasons and all that in the end bring a tear to my eye when I think on it too much.

Great post, buddy. :monkey2

Out of curiosity, is this a good deal?

https://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-1970...094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56457916f6

$2 per figure after shipping.

It really depends on how many figures are mint and complete. You can get mint and complete figures from Rebelscum for $4-5 for most SW figures.

I'd say the majority of that lot is junk... a few figures are complete, but most aren't and I can see a lot of discoloration.

Here's another one very few people seem to recall. Sky Commanders. They were always more my brother's thing though.

SkyCommanders.jpg

i love sky commanders. i remember setting the strings up in my room so the figure would slide from one side to the other.

here's my collection so far...

I had a few of those. They were kind of cool, but those little string lines were a pain in the ass to deal with as a young kid.

It really depends on how many figures are mint and complete. You can get mint and complete figures from Rebelscum for $4-5 for most SW figures.

I'd say the majority of that lot is junk... a few figures are complete, but most aren't and I can see a lot of discoloration.
Thanks for the input, I guess the Star Wars vintage market isn't what the Joe vintage market is (I guess so many more were produced?). I would like to pick up a big vintage Star Wars lot one day just because they're pretty cool, but I don't know jack about value since I don't have too much nostalgia for those figures and don't really collect them.

here are other thundercat variants i managed to find

tygra
DSC09461.jpg

young, painted nose, unpainted nose

cheetara
DSC09706.jpg

flesh skin, yellow skin

but they look so nice in their boxes!

is the young tygra considered rare? i don't think i've ever seen one before. was it an official release or a bootleg?

its an official release its actually the 1st version the adult tygra is 2nd version & the cartoon accurate one

The one on the far left is the one I had as a kid (probably still have in storage at my mom's house). I didn't realize a different, more cartoon-accurate version existed.

Back