'Video games a bigger problem than guns'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you need a high capacity exactly? Is it just because you can?

They don't seem to serve a purpose like for hunting or home defense :dunno

There's more guns in America than people in our country, it's scary.

Even if they did ban the sale of all guns then it'd be a hundred years before gun crime becomes rare. But "The longest journey starts with the first step". Restrictions or banning won't reduce gun murders now, but it will for the future.

And yet, even wi your nations firearms ban, there is more violent crime in the uk than there is in the us. A gun ban is not the answer. If it was, prohibition would have worked, and we would have no drugs in this country.

Not attacking you, FYI, just making a point.

The point being a ban is not the answer. I don't know what the answer is, but I don't know what it isin't.

I'll tell ya what the answer is... my damn tax money working by putting a 4 man squad of National Guards on site of every single school and stop blaming the gun. The gun built this country, we ran tyranny away with it and defeated many dictators including Hitler... Good lord if General Patton was here today. He probably go ape**** and say take my .45s I dare you.

Why do you need a high capacity exactly? Is it just because you can?

They don't seem to serve a purpose like for hunting or home defense :dunno

Because the definition of "high capacity" has been stretched to include standard capacity. Most compact 9mm weapons come with a 15-round magazine standard. I carry two. According to Her Highness Ms. Feinstein, anything more than 10-rounds is "high capacity".

Its purpose is in case I need to shoot 15-rounds (or 30 with a mag change). Are you under the impression that crimes are never committed by two or more criminals? 10-rounds isn't always sufficient. What difference does it make? The 11th round isn't any more dangerous than the first 10.

Better to have too many rounds than too few. Nobody is less safe because of it. I've carried 15+ rounds for years -- nobody's even been shot by the first 10, much less 11-15. Or magazine 2.

There's more guns in America than people in our country, it's scary.

Even if they did ban the sale of all guns then it'd be a hundred years before gun crime becomes rare. But "The longest journey starts with the first step". Restrictions or banning won't reduce gun murders now, but it will for the future.

It isn't at all scary.

Come and take 'em.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Sadly, video games are this generation's comic books; the primary form of entertainment for youths, and, just as comic books had their Frederic Werthams blaming them for juvenile delinquency, there are going to be those who accuse games of being the cause for this violence.

To quote Batman Begins, "people always fear what they don't understand." With that being said, the old breed need their bogeymen, and, this time, the spinner just happened to land on video games. I don't pay it any mind because, in time, it'll pass. It's been years since I've seen a "comics code authority" stamp on a book, and, years from now, no one will even remember all of these "controversies."

I think the pigs demanding gun bans are as dim as the pigs calling for video game bans. A pig is a pig is a pig, and they're really only good for bacon. They need to get out of politics before they cause some damage none of us will walk away from.

This happens with every form of media and eventually it gets dropped and they move on. It was like this with books, comic books (which got hit the hardest with a full scale censorship system that completely destroyed the industry), music, so of course it will be like this with video games.

The same month that guy shot up the elementary school in Connecticut a Chinese man stabbed 22 children with a knife. Should we ban all knives and cutting tools now?

Banning murder doesn't stop murders, but banning guns will?
Knives aren't made for killing though. As you said yourself, they're tools. People need them for things like cooking. Guns on the other hand are specifically made for killing.

I wish we could live in a world where lunatics would come at me with knives rather than guns. Yeesh, I might live.

How about bombs? Bombs are made for clearing rock. I'd much rather have a bomb in my house than a gun, because guns are made for killing.

:duh

How do people's brains tolerate this kind of stupidity?

How about bombs? Bombs are made for clearing rock. I'd much rather have a bomb in my house than a gun, because guns are made for killing.

:duh

How do people's brains tolerate this kind of stupidity?
How much rock have you cleared lately with your bombs? And where did you buy them?

I take pride in my daily mining activities. It is a highly important requirement of the field to have a large supply of readily available bombs in our households. I am surprised more of you do not have them.

Stop blaming inanimate objects and start blaming the sickos, ban the nanny state which doesn't let parents bring their kids inline, but forces mind altering drugs down their throats

It doesn't actually matter if a tool employed for murder has a pedestrian use or not. The reason why there is a Second Amendment in this country is because the people who founded it recognized that governments have the ability to overstep their bounds, and that when they do, the only way to put them in their place is through armed resistance. An unarmed populace has no means of dealing with a government that wishes to enslave them. The right to bear arms is predicated upon the right to revolt against tyrannical government, which is predicated upon the right to self-defense, which is in turn predicated upon the only actual right which any human has, and from which all other rights are derived: the right to life.

If any of you would like to make an argument as to how individuals do not have a right to their own lives, at least be open about it. Stop your effeminate grousing over the scary NRA, and the scary Americans, and all the other monsters under your coddled beds.

Knives aren't made for killing though. As you said yourself, they're tools. People need them for things like cooking. Guns on the other hand are specifically made for killing.

I wish we could live in a world where lunatics would come at me with knives rather than guns. Yeesh, I might live.

:goodpost:

Guns are glorified as tools and sport rather than weapons, people collect them as art and put them on display, people give them to their children to play with, they've forgotten what they truly are. I hate the hypocritical attitude people take when there's a mass shooting, they act shocked and sad and say there'll be steps taken to stop them happening again... except giving up their precious precious guns.

The victims of these mass shooting mean nothing to the populous, if they did the people wouldn't protest or condemn government measures to at least try to prevent them happening again.

Stop blaming inanimate objects and start blaming the sickos, ban the nanny state which doesn't let parents bring their kids inline, but forces mind altering drugs down their throats

You can't stop violent people being violent people, it's human nature. But you can stop the weapons getting into their hands that make it possible for them to kill lots of victims from afar in a short space of time and then kill themselves easily so as not to face judgement

It doesn't actually matter if a tool employed for murder has a pedestrian use or not. The reason why there is a Second Amendment in this country is because the people who founded it recognized that governments have the ability to overstep their bounds, and that when they do, the only way to put them in their place is through armed resistance. An unarmed populace has no means of dealing with a government that wishes to enslave them. The right to bear arms is predicated upon the right to revolt against tyrannical government, which is predicated upon the right to self-defense, which is in turn predicated upon the only actual right which any human has, and from which all other rights are derived: the right to life.

If any of you would like to make an argument as to how individuals do not have a right to their own lives, at least be open about it. Stop your effeminate grousing over the scary NRA, and the scary Americans, and all the other monsters under your coddled beds.

And America is the last country before they bring the hammer down.
Fight these laws (politically) guys for all of us

Don't hold your breath. At least half of America is a dumb as Europe.

The victims of these mass shooting mean nothing to the populous, if they did the people wouldn't protest or condemn government measures to at least try to prevent them happening again.

You're completely full of ****, and typical of the intellectal rot that has come to pass for what was once a great country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back