Video game backlog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently changed my PSN account to a new one to accommodate my PS Vita, so gone are all my hard earned platinums and I now have to start over from scratch. These aren't games I'm attempting to platinum just for boosting my PSN levels either, these are games that I hold very dear to me. It's not the bragging rights that appeals to me, it's the fact that I'll be happy knowing that these games have nothing more to offer in terms of challenge or goals- that entices me a lot. My list of targeted platinums are:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Back to the Future Episodes 1-5
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Underworld
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 2 (PSV)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (PSV)
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Metal Gear Rising

Phew, that's quite a list to plat, better get started!

Last edited:
Happy Platinum hunting, Ryan. I need to try the plat for Rising one of these days :lol.

Nice to see a fellow platinum hunter lol
It just feels good and provides an extra challenge and replay value for games that are worth it or good.
So far, I've just been playing back log games, but once I get a PS4, I'll be ready to push forward, and every new game that comes out, I'll do my best to platinum it, or at least put a huge dent in the game all around to feel satisfied.

Plus the bragging rights for certain games feels good too as a bonus lol

Happy Platinum hunting, Ryan. I need to try the plat for Rising one of these days :lol.

Thanks Solidus, though of all the Metal Gear games, you had to pick the 2nd hardest game to attempt the the plat. :lol

Nice to see a fellow platinum hunter lol
It just feels good and provides an extra challenge and replay value for games that are worth it or good.
So far, I've just been playing back log games, but once I get a PS4, I'll be ready to push forward, and every new game that comes out, I'll do my best to platinum it, or at least put a huge dent in the game all around to feel satisfied.

Plus the bragging rights for certain games feels good too as a bonus lol

:exactly:
Though I disagree with some cats who try to get platinums for the sake of just boosting their PSN levels (Hannah Montana platinum, really?). Btw there's a user here who befriended me on PSN and has about (gulp) 23 platinum! WOW!

Last edited:
I've seen people with 40+ plats. I mean, I understand having a love for gaming, but I get the impression that some people never turn off their PS3s, or let alone, leave their houses lol.

I can see 40 as possible. Especially if you've been at it for years with the PS3.
Me, I just started thinking about trophies and potential platinums, just last summer. And I'm up to 15 already lol
Some games are not HARD, just takes some extra time and patience, to grind out, or replay it.

And no doesn't mean, you never turn off the PS3. On average I can platinum or work on a single game for about a week, to power out the plat.
Provided it doesn't have anything super hard or time consuming like beating it on insane difficulty or multiplayer components.

I just know what I can potentially platinum, and what I won't be getting it, based on those certain factors and my limits and time as a gamer too lol

I can see 40 as possible. Especially if you've been at it for years with the PS3.
Me, I just started thinking about trophies and potential platinums, just last summer. And I'm up to 15 already lol
Some games are not HARD, just takes some extra time and patience, to grind out, or replay it.

And no doesn't mean, you never turn off the PS3. On average I can platinum or work on a single game for about a week, to power out the plat.
Provided it doesn't have anything super hard or time consuming like beating it on insane difficulty or multiplayer components.

I just know what I can potentially platinum, and what I won't be getting it, based on those certain factors and my limits and time as a gamer too lol

While we're on the subject, what's your hardest plat?

I haven't played in a while. Not including games that I want to replay:

Starfighter 3000
Descent I
Quake I/II
Dragon Age 2
The Witcher 1/2

Since I'm a PC gamer, I've missed out on console titles (and I've passed on what I've heard were terrible ports of such titles). But since there should be plenty of cheap secondhand consoles floating around and in the near future...
Dragon's Dogma
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
GTA IV
Gears of War series

list update !

Games on the GO!
Just cause 2 (37% done)
split second (40%done)
Battlefield 3
Final fantasy 14 online (Paladin lvl50)
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS

Next to PLAY !
Xcom
lost planet 2
lost planet 3
prototype 1 (almost done)
prototype 2
kingdom of amalure reckoning
L.A noire
Ico and shadow of the colosus HD collection
left for dead 2
dark souls prepare to die edition (10% done)
dark void
007 legends(5%)
Hawx 2
ace combat assault horizon
The Darkness (20% done)
The Darkness 2
HALO 4 (60% done)
Full spectrum warrior Ten hammer (10%)
skyrim (67% on ps3 but going to start over on PC)
Fable (70%)
Fable 2
Fable 3
mass effect 3 all DLC
GTA 4 Expansions Lost and dammed - ballad of gay tony
Gears of war judgment
the saboteur
journey
THIEF 1 2 3
injustice gods among us (60% done)
Metal gear rising Dlc (Wolf)
Army of 2 the 40th day
Army of 2 the devils cartel
resident evil revelations
Grid 1 and 2
Ducktales Remastered
Splinter Cell Black List (done)
TMNT out of the Shadows
ALL LEGO videogames
Walking dead episode 1-5
Beyond two souls
GTA 5
BATMAN Origins (27% done)
Battlefield 4 (campaign done)
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS (Campaign done)

PLAYSTATION 4
AC4 (100% PLATINUM)
Killzone shadowfall (done)
Resogun (finished platinum)
Need for speed (2% done)
CALL OF DUTY GHOSTS (100% PLATINUM)
Contrast (done)
Lego marvel
Knack (100% done PLATINUM)
Don't starve (4% done)

How's everyone's backlog list so far? Here's mine :lol.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (I may never get to opening this one :lol)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (got it on release day two years ago, and I still haven't opened it, either :pow)
Crysis
Crysis 2
Crysis 3
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
F.E.A.R
F.E.A.R: Extraction Point
F.E.A.R: Perseus Mandate
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin
F.E.A.R 3
Gone Home
Mark of the Ninja
Max Payne 3
L.A Noire
Prince of Persia HD Collection
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
The Banner Saga
The Walking Dead
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
Tomb Raider

Bump for the year, I guess... haven't really made any progress at all in my backlog since my last post. I've added more titles -___-

Alan Wake

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Child of Light

Crysis

Crysis 2

Crysis 3

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition

Dead Island

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

F.E.A.R (ALMOST FINISHED)

F.E.A.R: Extraction Point

F.E.A.R: Perseus Mandate

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

F.E.A.R 3

Gone Home (DONE!)

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City

Mark of the Ninja

Max Payne 3

L.A Noire

Left 4 Dead 2

Prince of Persia HD Collection

Resident Evil 3

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

South Park: The Stick of Truth

The Banner Saga

The Evil Within

The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead: Season 2

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition

Tomb Raider

Valiant Hearts

Last edited:
I have a crap load of PS3 games I need to beat, such as Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and the Dvil May Cry Collection. As such, I did something out of character by forgoing newer games like FF15 and The Last Guardian for now. Why buy new games at full price when you have tons more to finish at home? :lol

Back