Veronica Mars from Cinequest/Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffl1940

Freaked Out
Reaction score
last summer Cinequest.com announced a deal with WB to create busts and 12" figures for Veronica Mars. A few months later they announced Gentle Giant would be doing the digital scanning/sculpts and just last week Cinequest opened a new website where they have some early prototype pics (not the best close up pics btw) of the first four busts.

https://www.veryveronica.com :chew

I love Veronica Mars, but I don't know if I would buy busts or figs of the characters.

snakebeater said:
I'd take a veronica mars figure over a medieval Kurgan any day.....lol serious I like the show...
I like the show too as I stated in my first post.

Oh wow! I had no idea they would make figures for this show. I'd definitely get Veronica and Logan if they are made. I just finished the first season and am on disc 2 of Season 2. As some tv critics have said, it does have some Buffy elements and that is what made me watch the show. The character development was all about what Joss Whedon gave us on Buffy/Angel, and I definitely love the characters on this show(so far).

Bannister said:
I like the show too as I stated in my first post.

it's a great show.. isn't it? especially when you're in high school... some topics you can really relate too... it's just not as exaggerated...

But wa-hoo -- they'll give us Veronica Mars. Sheesh.

Who is this generic "they" anyway????

Well, as long as "they" make the stuff I want, and NOT the stuff you want, I'll be happy!!!

P.S. Your favorite band sucks!!! :D :rotfl

Stephen King and Joss Whedon and Kevin Smith list Veronica Mars among the best shows on TV, Whedon and Smith even guest starred on the show. Patty Hearst was on a few weeks ago which was cool (Veronica attends Hearst College). The show will be starting a new arc in a week or two I guess. Give it a chance, it's really good, and not just for high school kids, she's in college and many stories revolve around her father who is a private investigator.

A 12" of this and I'm game.

10874ucsy8gwz0naq6.jpg

Scratch that dude, a premium format! Sideshow needs to get cracking on getting that license. Nah, I keeid, as much as I like the show, I got enough things to collect on my plate. I don't need to add to it.

snakebeater said:
not really... no sci-fi element... think sherlock homles.... but the teenage female version...

An extremely hot tennage female version of sherlock homles. One I would like to take to the movies...

"never heard of this show. what's it like? a Buffy?"

It's in it's 3rd season, now on the CW (was on UPN).

Sherlock Holmes wasn't nearly as hot as Veronica! Think Nancy Drew circa 21st century. One thing I really like is that she's not always right. She has accused people of things and turns out to be wrong. Also, they don't play down the fact that Kristen Bell is petite (barely 5' 2"). She's gotten into some trouble/physical danger realizing a little too late that she doesn't have Buffy-like powers, and that her smart remarks might just piss off the wrong people.

It's not your momma's Nancy Drew! The first season was all about her best friend getting murdered and the "big bad" in season 2 ended up being a guy who raped her when she was drugged at a party a couple years earlier.

Like Buffy they do get away with some things. Brothers nicknamed Dick & Beaver, and Logan waving "the shocker" when a guy asks what he'll be up to with his girlfriend that night. And there is a bit of that Buffy/Giles dynamic with Veronica and Keith (her Dad).

But the main reason to watch is no one looks better in a pair of tight jeans!! :D

5'2" would put her about to my boobies. DAMN, that is small, can't imagine a full adult that small. (sorry, I don't know many short people)

Back