Venom Life Sized Bust #2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This does add alot of interesting questions to the mix... going to be very interesting to see how this one turns out...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl This venom bust has got you all excited i see!!! :hi5:

Between all of the Buffy photos posted in the Spider-Man comiquette thread and then, Bodie throwing his poo around like the good ol' days, how can I NOT be excited?!? :lol j/k

No, but in all seriousness, I'm definitely excited about this. I've been talking for quite a while now to a few members that I want to start an all Marvel 1:1 collection, meaning sell off all PFs and comiquettes to focus on 1:1 busts. I know we've got Thor, Wolverine, Green Goblin, and Daredevil coming. Now, ANOTHER Venom?! This may be the year I shake things up a bit.

FYI: A member over at SF is claiming that he's very familiar with this project and said it's based on designs by Steve Wang.

Here's the quote by "skullsoldier":
Nothing that I can even hint at, guys. If I leak anything, my sources wouldn't trust me anymore. Sorry. That said, Steve told me that he went in a totally new direction with this Venom so that it actually looks like a living, breathing creature.

S

Huge Venom fan... I personally never thought the original bust captured the "badassness" of the character. Nor did the LSB... I sure hope this one does. If it follows in the footsteps of Carnage 1:1 bust(the fugliest Collectible I have ever seen) then there is no hope at all:( Here is to hoping it ROCKS! looks good so far:pray:

Huge Venom fan... I personally never thought the original bust captured the "badassness" of the character. Nor did the LSB... I sure hope this one does. If it follows in the footsteps of Carnage 1:1 bust(the fugliest Collectible I have ever seen) then there is no hope at all:( Here is to hoping it ROCKS! looks good so far:pray:

:lol

Well, Steve Wang was the artist behind the Carnage 1:1 and is rumored to be behind this, so...

Either way, I agree though. I hope it rocks.

i love Steve's work, but the Carnage was a huge FAIL, we'll see how this comes along. i wish Steve would do some more movie monster stuff for SS, and leave Marvel to the gore group.

What's next?

Doom on "Different" Throne PF/Comiquette?

I bet the paint peels off after a year or two.

Edit:

i guess i'm the only one not happy about this. If its any good, it completely kills the collectibility of the first one. So whats next SS, you gonna re-release the 1:1 Alien Warrior, 1:4 Pumpkinhead,1:1 P1 bust, etc, etc just so everyone can afford it? IF this piece ends up being just as good as the 1st or better, you might as well slap everyone in the face that payed over 1k for the 1st version. It just seems like such a un necessary re-release.

thaey allready made one which I own.. This is lame.. Sideshow lost me over a year ago anyway w/ their lameness... Not buying into it.. I bet it has a high ES unlike my version..

*throws a handful of poo in the air*

:lecture:lecture

I hope there are exclusive for this, and not the art printed

Good point. If there is an Exclusive edition, I'd like it to have an alternate plaque or maybe a slightly varied paint app. of sorts. (NOT a print.)

I don't think there will be an Exclusive version, BUT I hope so.

It's not often that I'm critical with Sideshow, but I have to send my condolences to those that own the Venom 1:1 Version 1. I think it flat out sucks that Sideshow is double dipping on characters in the same format. It's not like there is a shortage of Marvel characters that could use the 1:1 treatment. It makes me nervous that Sideshow will eventually double dip on products that I have in the same format.

i guess i'm the only one not happy about this. If its any good, it completely kills the collectibility of the first one. So whats next SS, you gonna re-release the 1:1 Alien Warrior, 1:4 Pumpkinhead,1:1 P1 bust, etc, etc just so everyone can afford it? IF this piece ends up being just as good as the 1st or better, you might as well slap everyone in the face that payed over 1k for the 1st version. It just seems like such a un necessary re-release.

What a retarded thing to say. Slap in the face to those who paid over a grand. Nobody put a gun to those people who paid those prices. Those weren't MRSP prices, but prices those individuals were willing to pay. I don't agree with you at all on this.

Back