Vanderstelt's Darth Talon art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one forces you to read the EU or watch the clone wars cartoon or watch the prequels.

While that's always the case, with Star Wars it's become a bit of a straw man for those of you who like the EU and all that stuff.

It's just so damned pervasive now... it's everywhere. Everything Star Wars is. So if you like SW at all you're exposed to ALL OF IT... at all times. Hence those of us who dislike EU only grow increasingly cynical of it. To ignore the crap you'd pretty much have to ignore SW completely now. And that's kind of the gist of our point.

While that's always the case, with Star Wars it's become a bit of a straw man for those of you who like the EU and all that stuff.

It's just so damned pervasive now... it's everywhere. Everything Star Wars is. So if you like SW at all you're exposed to ALL OF IT... at all times. Hence those of us who dislike EU only grow increasingly cynical of it. To ignore the crap you'd pretty much have to ignore SW completely now. And that's kind of the gist of our point.

Yea I will give you that.

No one forces you to read the EU or watch the clone wars cartoon or watch the prequels.

True, true (unless you count my inner fanboy).

Still, I think it's a fair comment that the 'sexification' of SW in general is a bit.. weird? Maybe a touch sad?

Maybe I just yearn for a simpler era, before the dark times, etc...

Having said that the Clone Wars feels a lot more classic SW than the prequels did.

I WANT THIS!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE SELLING!!!!!!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IrCEhRNgGHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ventress is a possibility as well, sometime.
As far as the comments regarding liking/hating EU, I love it all. I love the "Classics" more, but I give these things some room. Watch, read what you like and leave the other fans to their tastes as well.
As an artist, I thought Talon was an interesting character, so I painted her. She is admittedly a "sexified" character, and for my own reasons gave her as much of a conservative approach as was possible without veering too much from the basic character.
Two pennys.

JV

As far as the comments regarding liking/hating EU, I love it all. I love the "Classics" more, but I give these things some room. Watch, read what you like and leave the other fans to their tastes as well.
As an artist, I thought Talon was an interesting character, so I painted her. She is admittedly a "sexified" character, and for my own reasons gave her as much of a conservative approach as was possible without veering too much from the basic character.
Two pennys.

JV

Regardless of who likes or doesn't like the EU, they cannot say anything bad about this painting because it rocks! I hope Acme releases it some day!

Two pennys.

JV

Totally with you there Dutchart, amazing painting - thanks for bringing it to life...!

I guess if you go back to what inspired SW in the first place, 30's pulp serials had their fair share of sultry damsels....!!

And then there's the original SW painting by the Hildebrandts!

Hi SMLWDRDJ.

Agreed.
For me, this particular "Damsel" is more the vehicle to explore the darker moods of the Dark side. The wicked look, rain, stone ruins and the carnage she has left behind are elements I was trying to use to generate that mood.

And Talon is kinda "Purdy". Purdy mean at least!

JV

Acme Archives is well aware of my desire to run it as a print, and they are considering it. Hit them up for it.

JV

That's some sick work man!!! I would be down for a fine art print of this painting. Thanks for posting!

Back