Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jerry,

Can I just check something in relation to sizes and how exact they all match up.

Right now, I have 1 each of the old LOTR prints which you list as being 24x30. Due to limited space, etc I have them all in the same frame on the wall and every 6 months or so, cycle the prints around.

I have thoughts of getting both the new Hobbit prints (will want all 3, so will wait till the third one is released) and I'd really like the Rivendell print.

Looking at sizes on the website, the Hobbit ones come in 18x24, while the Rivendell one has a 24x34 option.

My frame as a bit of room on both sides, so 34-36 wide shouldn't be an issue, but there's not a lot of space left in height.

So I guess the basic question would be, if you placed all those prints on top of each other, are they all the same height or at least nothing taller then the LOTR prints. If so, then I'm good for a future purchase once the third Hobbit film print is released, knowing that I will have some place to put them.

Hi Guru.
Swapping prints in the same frame can work for some of my prints, but not all. You are good for the LOTR trilogy pieces, but Rivendell for instance has a max. length of 36 inches, medium of 34 and min. of 24 inches. The max. on the LOTR Trilogy pieces is 30 inches. Hobbit AUJ and DOS both have a max. of 36 inches and Min. of 24. I try to arrange "sets" to have the same sizes for frame options, but my size choices are based mainly on the layout of the Original art, cropping, etc.
Basically, you could get a frame that will work for all the Hobbit pieces, but that same frame will not work for the LOTR Trilogies. If you purchased an Epic Paper which measures 28 x 36 inches, you could have a custom matte made for the Hobbit frame to bring in the difference to use for your LOTR pieces, as well as another custom matte for the large Rivendell, if you only have a spot for one piece at a time. That way you can still do the "switcheroo" thing with one frame. That same frame would then need to have the hanging cables set up for both horizontal and vertical hang options.
My two cents.........

JV

Thanks for the reply Jerry.

The frame that I have the LOTR Trilogy prints in, currently has a good 2-3 inches spare on both sides (I just have a bit of black paper filling the 'space').

As such, as long as the medium Rivendell print of 34 is the same height as the LOTR ones (and they are both listed as 24 inches), then it should all fit.

As for the Hobbit ones, I was looking at the Limited Edition Paper Giclee, which is listed at 18 x 24. So in theory again the exact same height and I could place two of them side by side for a total width of 36 inches (2 * 18). Hence I would only need horizontal hanging options which is what my current frame is.

So as long as 24 inches high as listed is pretty much exactly that (or more the point, that the Rivendell and Hobbit prints all placed on top of the LOTR ones are all exactly the same height), then I think my theory holds true?

Thanks for the reply Jerry.

The frame that I have the LOTR Trilogy prints in, currently has a good 2-3 inches spare on both sides (I just have a bit of black paper filling the 'space').

As such, as long as the medium Rivendell print of 34 is the same height as the LOTR ones (and they are both listed as 24 inches), then it should all fit.

As for the Hobbit ones, I was looking at the Limited Edition Paper Giclee, which is listed at 18 x 24. So in theory again the exact same height and I could place two of them side by side for a total width of 36 inches (2 * 18). Hence I would only need horizontal hanging options which is what my current frame is.

So as long as 24 inches high as listed is pretty much exactly that (or more the point, that the Rivendell and Hobbit prints all placed on top of the LOTR ones are all exactly the same height), then I think my theory holds true?

Yes, the hobbit 18 x 24's side by side may give you a bit of a challenge, but it sounds like you can make a LOT of use of that one old faithful frame ;)

JV

I realize this news is not LOTR related, but just sayin...............

Start Wars Anaheim Exclusive print Pre Order news!
My "DESTINY" Pre-Order site is up. go to: ANAHEIM StarWars PREORDER Exclusive -"Edge of Destiny" Art Print
This way, you will have an actual web address to simply copy/paste : ). Right now of course, the Exclusive reads as "Unavailable" until 12:01 A.M. ( rebel-style ) ; )
It also reads as "today" which is meant for Monday morning, but this way the site is already built. It just needs me to add the inventory and it's a go.

JV

Hi guys.
Star Wars Celebration PreOrder time is almost here : ) ANAHEIM StarWars PREORDER Exclusive -"Edge of Destiny" Art Print
One of my art collectors brought up a concern about PreOrdering and having another pick up the print on their behalf. What I said regarding this was my fair Warning only for those that Pre-Order, then don't show up to the show at all and have no authorized designee to pick up their print for them. If you have an authorized designee, you are very welcome to Pre Order away!
What would help me a whole lot is this: if you want to place a PreOrder, but cannot attend Celebration, but you do have someone to pick up your print as your authorized designee, then after you place your order please email me at: [email protected] with the name of the person who is authorized to pick up your print on your behalf. I will attach that email with the name of your authorized designee to your payment info for my records.
Also, if you could please forward your PreOrder receipt email to your authorized designee to print out and take along. I can then cross reference this and make things go much easier. This is the best way to keep possibly 250 customers organized and running smooth.
I just wanted to clarify this, so please forgive any confusion!

JV

VanderStelt Studio has just released four new items from Middle Earth! First off is the missing link to the Fellowship, the Antique Boromir Giclee. Get it here: Boromir The Lord of the Rings

Boromir%20Paper_zpsr6rrs6jo.jpg

We then have all Nine Walkers in a "nine-piece combo" bundle set for those of you that want all of them individually with some savings to boot. Get it here: The Lord of the Rings

Next up is the Nine Walkers Montage from the LOTR films titled, "The number of the Company shall be Nine". Get it here: LOTR- "The Company of the Ring shall be Nine" Montage Giclee

The%20Nine%20Walkers%20Paper_zpsxblhilgf.jpg

Lastly, we have a new Tauriel piece titled, "Autumn Mist", perhaps something for the ladies out there that love Middle Earth too! Get it here: LOTR- "The Company of the Ring shall be Nine" Montage Giclee

Autumn%20Mist_zpsapknibqt.jpg

Let me know if you guys and gals have any questions! Have a great day :)

JV

Those are stunning. I don't have the words to really describe what I feel when I see them. Those Fellowship ones or the all in ones hit me especially hard (in a good way). I think about the moments tied to those faces and what they did within the story it makes one a bit emotional.

Those are stunning. I don't have the words to really describe what I feel when I see them. Those Fellowship ones or the all in ones hit me especially hard (in a good way). I think about the moments tied to those faces and what they did within the story it makes one a bit emotional.

I understand that, Boromir gets me emotional. that depiction of him is gorgeous.

Back