Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...just told my wife I wanna get this...She said no way...LOL..I said we'll hang it away from everyone...hang it in my bathroom over the sink or toilet...She said *&^% no!...I told her I'm not a 15 year old anymore...She said.. I dont care I know you well enough and what you're capable of....oh well

that sucks for you man, it's not like she is half naked or something. Having Legolas and Taurials weapons under these canvases would be epic.

that sucks for you man, it's not like she is half naked or something. Having Legolas and Taurials weapons under these canvases would be epic.

I don't think that's the problem. I'm pretty sure Adolfo's major concern is that it's not available in a stain free canvas. :horror :lightsabe :lol

I don't think that's the problem. I'm pretty sure Adolfo's major concern is that it's not available in a stain free canvas. :horror :lightsabe :lol

LOL........I never thought about Middle-Earth being sexy...after that painting not so sure...Arwen is a dog compared to Tauriel

kinda sucks that the Canvas is $250 more though.

Properly done framing with a nice fancy frame, correct conservation mats/backboard and UV plexi or glass can cost lots more..I would bet it would cost more..With the Gallery wrap you hang it right there and then...all you need is a frame(nothing more if you want it to look old world fancy)...and that can be done anytime...a paper print either has to be stored properly or framed...I love the I can put it up right a way on the wall aspect for a painting...

well yea, a frame alone can cost $300+. Nobody is gonna spend $300 on a frame for a piece that costs $30. I've nicely framed 24x36 posters with a matte and UV glass for $200.

Go to Michael's when they have their 60% off coupon promos and it's somewhat reasonable. Below $200 for the most part with UV glass. Absolutely worth it for paper prints. You also get a chance to play around with different mattes that work best to bring out the small accent colors of the artwork.

The way these prints are made by Jerry, paper or canvas, they are both high quality and display rather well.

yea, I mean I have some of his canvases, they are great, it's just a little off putting that there is such a huge price gap with the Legolas/Tauriel pieces. I'm not sure if I'd rather get the paper and have them matted and framed or just keep the canvas streak going.

yea, I mean I have some of his canvases, they are great, it's just a little off putting that there is such a huge price gap with the Legolas/Tauriel pieces. I'm not sure if I'd rather get the paper and have them matted and framed or just keep the canvas streak going.

I never use glass I always used UV non Glare plexi...which cost more...glass is so easily breakable

I've never dropped one of my framed pieces yet, so that's why I opt for glass. Does it take more work for a canvas to be framed if it's already gallery wrapped? Meaning, does it cost more?

I use museum quality glass. From how it was explained to me it's basically the best kind you can get.

I've never dropped one of my framed pieces yet, so that's why I opt for glass. Does it take more work for a canvas to be framed if it's already gallery wrapped? Meaning, does it cost more?

I've moved 600 miles and alot of framed art...in case you had to sell it....try shipping glass framed pieces...plus for me its safer...some of those pieces of Aviation art with signatures of deceased heroes cost thousands...my most expensive about 9k...I need em safe

Last edited:

All it is afterwards is cutting and nailing the frame to the gallery wrap...nothing more

I'm thinking since I will have Sauron, Balrog and Aragorn/KOD in canvas next to each other, it might be better to have some contrast with Legolas/Tauriel next to each other; and have matching frames and mattes, with their weapons underneath. Tough call......the canvases are really nice.

I'm thinking since I will have Sauron, Balrog and Aragorn/KOD in canvas next to each other, it might be better to have some contrast with Legolas/Tauriel next to each other; and have matching frames and mattes, with their weapons underneath. Tough call......the canvases are really nice.
Eventually my Sauron,Balrog,Smaug, and Fell Beast Canvases will have matching frames(something dark with a gold/red/highlight...I would do Legolas/Tauriel in Matching frames too with silver/green/brown hue...thats just me

Back