Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azog, Bolg, Spiders, Beorn,bumblebees,butterflies,fire, Dol Guldur,Mirkwood, High Fells,Elven halls,Jail Keys,Lake Town,Erebor,Golden Halls,Arkenstone,Alfrid,Master,Bard,Legolas,Tauriel,Smaug,Bain,Necromancer,a Thrush, Barrels,Black Arrow, Girion, Etc,Etc...and thats not mentioning the other characters you did on the last print....So many Places,Things, and characters:yess:...So little canvas!:dunno

Last edited:
I understand glass/plexi for paper 'posters' but for canvas I think it need to be bare in a nice frame, like that Sauron one that turned out amazing.
Just my preference though.

LOL...just told my wife I wanna get this...She said no way...LOL..I said we'll hang it away from everyone...hang it in my bathroom over the sink or toilet...She said *&^% no!...I told her I'm not a 15 year old anymore...She said.. I dont care I know you well enough and what you're capable of....oh well

My wife said the same thing for Balrog but I'm going to put my foot down. I have to have it and it'll go in the movie room so it's fine. I just have to figure out a good spot to hang it.

Remember the ruckus when rumors of her being in the film started? Can't thank the Hobbit team enough for creating my now fav character (and proud of it). No use resisting and your art hits the sweet spot. Shipping and customs be damned, I am ordering a Tauriel print for sure.

Screw it, as soon as my wallet has a breather I will add her daggers from Weta. Combine those with the 1/6 statue and Jerry's print in the back.

:drool :panic: :yess: :)

Yeah what a perfect seamless addition to the lore.

It's possible ; )

JV

Oh noes!! We need Smaug in Erebor on Scrooge levels of coinage. How would you integrate spiders in there?

I understand glass/plexi for paper 'posters' but for canvas I think it need to be bare in a nice frame, like that Sauron one that turned out amazing.
Just my preference though.

My wife said the same thing for Balrog but I'm going to put my foot down. I have to have it and it'll go in the movie room so it's fine. I just have to figure out a good spot to hang it.
No canvas should ever have glass in front of it....we were talking about paper prints...I dont understand that one
Second, my wife said no for totally different reasons than your wife...My wife doesnt mind the Balrog.....

Azog, Bolg, Spiders, Beorn,bumblebees,butterflies,fire, Dol Guldur,Mirkwood, High Fells,Elven halls,Jail Keys,Lake Town,Erebor,Golden Halls,Arkenstone,Alfrid,Master,Bard,Legolas,Tauriel,Smaug,Bain,Necromancer,a Thrush, Barrels,Black Arrow, Girion, Etc,Etc...and thats not mentioning the other characters you did on the last print....So many Places,Things, and characters:yess:...So little canvas!:dunno

The main things I'm hoping to see are Smaug (duh,) spiders, the barrel escape and Lake Town. Everything else would be gravy.

No canvas should ever have glass in front of it....we were talking about paper prints...I dont understand that one
Second, my wife said no for totally different reasons than your wife...My wife doesnt mind the Balrog.....

Mine can't stand my statues, she makes sure to remind me every now and then. She called the Boromir statue monstrous so whatevs.

The main things I'm hoping to see are Smaug (duh,) spiders, the barrel escape and Lake Town. Everything else would be gravy.

But not on the same painting right? Personally I prefer my paintings more focused, not like a movie poster showing every character and such.... as much as i love Drew Struzan...

But not on the same painting right? Personally I prefer my paintings more focused, not like a movie poster showing every character and such.... as much as i love Drew Struzan...

Yes on the same painting. Jerry's DOS print is going to be second in a series of three prints that began with this:

524127_405849669492574_261095320_n.jpg

It would be strange to change the style of composition midway through the series.

Yes on the same painting. Jerry's DOS print is going to be second in a series of three prints that began with this:

524127_405849669492574_261095320_n.jpg

It would be strange to change the style of composition midway through the series.

Makes sense for sure. It's not my preference though.

Tauriel print ordered. Found a shop that sells frames in just the right size for the litho dimensions. I can already see my dedicated Besta shelf. :hi5:

Workload schedules have been shifted around, so at this time I am opening up the calendar to take commissions. This means you can contact us about having an Original piece of art done for your personal enjoyment. My license with the Studio allows me to create Originals based upon any LOTR or Hobbit movie tie-ins. This does not include any unseen or unknown characters or storylines from Hobbit 3, of course. Those will have to wait We can be contacted at: [email protected] for any questions about schedule, pricing, etc.
I start out with a blank surface, some paints, brushes and an airbrush but the original idea starts with you.
Also, I have a limited number of blank "return" Topps Star Wars cards that can be commissioned as full-blown miniature paintings.I have some wide versions and some regular 2.5 x 3.5 inch blanks from various past sets. This is the one way you can commission me to create a unique piece of Star Wars card art just for you. Openings are limited due to regular workload schedules, so if you have a thought, drop me an email. Thank you guys and Merry Christmas

JV

JV just keep us abreast about news when the DOS print comes out. Hopefully with nice preview hints like a year ago with AUJ

JV just keep us abreast about news when the DOS print comes out. Hopefully with nice preview hints like a year ago with AUJ

Will do.Just waiting for some key items to become available to me to begin my design, but it's coming :)

JV

Back