Vanderstelt Studio Middle-earth News

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gang.
So sorry for being absent!
A lot of twists and turns have been keeping me from my normal M.O. There is a ray of hope though........... we have a Christmas sale going on through Dec. 15 with savings of 20% off ALL items in the store! That includes Original art!! This sale is going on strictly in my online store at:
https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/
the Coupon code is: VSXMAS-20
I cannot guarantee that any items purchased on Dec. 15 will arrive on time for Christmas, depending on your location, but we will work hard to make it happen : ) Thanks guys.

Sale_zpsr137t3ag.jpg

JV

Last edited:
I was also asked about my next piece in Middle Earth? I have several ideas : )
Since the Rivendell piece, there have been some Licensing changes we are working through. Once that is solidified, I can discuss more about my next piece.
A hint: the "landscape" series ( for the most part, but not strictly ) is intended to go in some sort of order like events in the books. From Rivendell, there is an interesting event involving lots of snow that I find an interesting idea for a nice landscape piece..............

JV

One last detail for International customers:
If you spend $250 USD or more you get free shipping. The coupon code will not affect your minimum amount, so you will not get "Punished" for using the code then miss out on the Free Shipping!

JV

I was also asked about my next piece in Middle Earth? I have several ideas : )
Since the Rivendell piece, there have been some Licensing changes we are working through. Once that is solidified, I can discuss more about my next piece.
A hint: the "landscape" series ( for the most part, but not strictly ) is intended to go in some sort of order like events in the books. From Rivendell, there is an interesting event involving lots of snow that I find an interesting idea for a nice landscape piece..............

JV

Been meaning to pick up Rivendell for a while so I might just jump on this... :yess:

Jerry, have you thought of continuing making the landscapes slightly like scenes from the movie? Rivendell having the Fellowship worked well. I'm not saying full scenes, but catching a moment while showing the landscape of the world of Middle Earth. Catching a glimpse of characters even from a distance is a nice nod to fans. That 95% landscape and 5% movie scene ratio works great.

I have the epic gallery wrapped canvas of the Desolation of Smaug print and that one is massive. I wonder what the actual size of the Rivendell piece is once it's gallery wrapped...

I have the epic gallery wrapped canvas of the Desolation of Smaug print and that one is massive. I wonder what the actual size of the Rivendell piece is once it's gallery wrapped...

For Rivendell,the facing canvas art measures either 21.75 x 35 or 19.5 x 31 inches, depending on which size you purchase.
As to the Landscape series, yes: a 90/10 % ratio is about right for what I have in mind. Mostly landscape with recognizable characters in the scene. There are just some licensing terms we are working through before we pick up from Rivendell.

JV

Last edited:
Sounds good. The one thing I would suggest is, if possible, to make future landscape Epic canvases a larger size. I know things are sometimes trickier with licensing but just a suggestion.

These landscapes are great for common areas in the house where no collectibles or pop culture items are displayed. Personally, I have a huge wall in the living room that is aching for one of these in as large as size as you can work out.

Sounds good. The one thing I would suggest is, if possible, to make future landscape Epic canvases a larger size. I know things are sometimes trickier with licensing but just a suggestion.

These landscapes are great for common areas in the house where no collectibles or pop culture items are displayed. Personally, I have a huge wall in the living room that is aching for one of these in as large as size as you can work out.

All suggestions are considered, but not all collectors have excessive wall space for super-sized canvases.Also, on a practical side, I have to safely store anything oversized, but each design sometimes allows for tweaking size options. Perhaps a "super-Sized" Epic edition could be offered in future with a very limited edition size ;)

JV

Hi Gang.
So sorry for being absent!
A lot of twists and turns have been keeping me from my normal M.O. There is a ray of hope though........... we have a Christmas sale going on through Dec. 15 with savings of 20% off ALL items in the store! That includes Original art!! This sale is going on strictly in my online store at:
https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/
the Coupon code is: VSXMAS-20
I cannot guarantee that any items purchased on Dec. 15 will arrive on time for Christmas, depending on your location, but we will work hard to make it happen : ) Thanks guys.

Sale_zpsr137t3ag.jpg

JV

How do I apply this discount? When I try to check out with paypal there seems to be no option to add the code.

I picked up the Star Wars celebration print. The movie never got a nice poster like the older ones and I fell in love with the print the moment I saw it.

Indeed I did! A full body painting will be a TON more complicated as it will likely be a full-blown shot with either architecture like Ereborian pillars, gold treasure, etc. or perhaps Laketown getting crisped! There is a lot of research and prepping on a piece like that, much like Bane of Durin with the Balrog. This piece was done more of a "portrait" with up-close details, whereas a fullbody will be a complete "unseen scene", which I like best, but they are a lot of work. So yes, expect one, but exactly when I can't say just yet ; )

JV

just curious Jerry, what ever happened with this? Regarding a full body solo Smaug. Quote was from 2 years ago btw :impatient:

Back