Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't have bumped this thread with my pics, but seeing as someone else did...

About a year and a half ago I bought a Hurricane ANH Vader (basic version) off of a boardie for a discounted price because the helm was damaged. I loved the piece, but always wanted to either have the helm repaired or replaced.

Luckily, I happened upon a mint, deluxe reveal helm with real metal components at a great price!

So here is my ANH Hurricane Vader now, with the new helm.

_MG_6163.jpg

_MG_6157.jpg

_MG_6156.jpg

_MG_6155.jpg

_MG_6159.jpg

Very nice! :clap Has the correct "rougher", "been in many battles" look that ANH Vader had.

So I haven't been in here in ages, what ever happened with Hurricane? Did he get through his surgery OK?

Thanks! GB is hooking me up with an lforigno cape, then I think I'll be done with Vader. :)

I think Glenn is doing well, last I heard? I know he was chipping away at outstanding orders for a while there...

Your cape will be in the mail tomorrow... I forgot the damn package at home or it would have gone out today as planned :lol I think you'll be very happy with the Lforigno cape. I would have kept it, but it was a very different material from the inner robes so I opted for the complete set from Tony Meis.

The set from Tony is great, but it still does not hang as nicely as the Lforigno one does.

Your cape will be in the mail tomorrow... I forgot the damn package at home or it would have gone out today as planned :lol I think you'll be very happy with the Lforigno cape. I would have kept it, but it was a very different material from the inner robes so I opted for the complete set from Tony Meis.

The set from Tony is great, but it still does not hang as nicely as the Lforigno one does.

No worries, I'm just glad you were willing to part with it. :) Hopefully the material is a decent match with the robes on mine, looking forward to getting it in hand and messing with it.

That's great!!! What is the price? PM me, please.

Monketbat's is actually the helm in my pictures. :monkey3

I do however have my old ANH Hurricane helm for sale as well: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117270

There is some slight damage (most hidden anyway), but it's still a great piece. And I'm open to an offer. :duff

with new pics of hurricane vaders im really excited to see some updates on the left over vaders.

Excellent Vader, Marf.

If your VAder helmet wasn't missing the tusk I'd be all over it.

Thanks man! I hear you, I'm hoping it might catch the attention of someone who has some modeling skills and can work with it. It really is an excellent Vader helm.

Just added a new cape to Vader as well and it's a huge improvement. Gonna take some more pics with Luke. :rock

I've never regretted going through Hurricane for my ANH Vader and now that I'm seeing the ESB/ROTJ Vader Sideshow is going to offer, this guy's value to my collection has increased 100-fold. Hurricane on the left, Sideshow on the right. WHY can't Sideshow get this guy right??

dsc05187w.jpg

dsc05190b.jpg

- MJ

Couple of things that don't look so good on Hurricane's Vaders (from what I can see in the pics):

- The cape seems to be too thick and doesn't drape well at all
- The inner robe looks a bit cheap without being hemmed
- The shoulder/chest armor looks too thick

How are these guys for posing?
Is Hurricane using the Predator bodies?

Couple of things that don't look so good on Hurricane's Vaders (from what I can see in the pics):

- The cape seems to be too thick and doesn't drape well at all
- The inner robe looks a bit cheap without being hemmed
- The shoulder/chest armor looks too thick

How are these guys for posing?
Is Hurricane using the Predator bodies?

-The cape is pretty thick, I just replaced mine because of it.
-The inner robes might appear cheap up close in pics because of the lack of hemming, but on display they look great.
-Never really had a problem with the thickness of the armor.

He's great for posing, I think he's on a modified SSC 'Big Boy' body.

Took some pics of Vader with Luke recently, here is my favorite. :)

_MG_6248.jpg

Ok guys,

FINALLY after the honeymoon, work and regular life I find the time to get an update done.......

Glenn is working his butt off to get these Vader figures finished for everyone waiting on one.

Time is being spent to make sure that this final batch of Vader's are as screen accurate as possible. Re-worked Helmets, chest boxes and even the cod piece.

Another upgrade is the electrical work for the lighting and sound option Vader's. Glenn has designed and built a whole new internal electrical rig using micro-LED and custom built boards.

Work progresses albeit slowly, but for the level of detail Glenn has gone to with the Helmets alone it is well worth it.

Here are some pictures...

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image.jpg

Doc

-The cape is pretty thick, I just replaced mine because of it.
-The inner robes might appear cheap up close in pics because of the lack of hemming, but on display they look great.
-Never really had a problem with the thickness of the armor.

He's great for posing, I think he's on a modified SSC 'Big Boy' body.

Took some pics of Vader with Luke recently, here is my favorite. :)

_MG_6248.jpg

Awesome photo!
Please post more, there really are very few photos of Hurc Vaders...
Do you also own the Sideshow one?

with a nother month gone and christmas in front i would like to ask for an update

Back