Vader: SS or Attakus 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pizzacompvsv10wc.jpg
pizzacompvsv22de.jpg

pizzacompvsv112tz.jpg
pizzacompvsv129it.jpg

pizzacompvsv33rp.jpg
pizzacompvsv47ll.jpg

Man, those pics just show how much more detail the SS piece really has over the Attakus piece.

they are both great but I'd take the SS Vader, and I did!

Thanks for the excellent pics

Great comparison pics. :rock And the Attakus version costs more!?!? :horror Oh yeah, I forgot, it because it's not a "Doll". :rolleyes:

jlcmsu said:
Man, those pics just show how much more detail the SS piece really has over the Attakus piece.

Yup! I couldn't agree more. Those close-up pics show just how dramatic the differences are. The Attakus Vader is still a very nice piece though, just not in the same league as the SS 1/4 Vader.

So ........ does anyone know what film the Attakus Vader is from? The chestbox could hardly be more different. :confused:

LOTRFan said:
So ........ does anyone know what film the Attakus Vader is from? The chestbox could hardly be more different. :confused:

Attakus Darth Vader 1 - ESB
Attakus Darth Vader 2 - ROTJ (EVen that they used this image for the release of the DVD)
vader2.JPG

empire_strikes_back_dvd_vader2.jpg

Thanks :D , I knew the pose seemed familiar (now I know why), I just never noticed how different the chest box was. :monkey3

Like I said, I admire both statues but you really can't compare the statues amplifying the details of the sculpts, you are talking different scales and offcourse the bigger the scale better and more accurate the details. You need to compare base on how the statues look from a distance, from every angle.
To me SS is an statue that makes you feel that you have something that was on the films, the fabrics, the leather, the lights. Meanwhile what I admire most of the Attakus is how well they recreate the textures and details make the statue looks so good when compare with the original pics LFL gave them.

I love my Attakus Vader 1 and think it's one of the best statues ever produced. I'm not sure why it's taking such a hit on this forum. It's a great work of art regardless of it's "missing details". And I'm sure I will like the SS Vader just as well.

BB

It's not really fair to compare as they are from different films, different costumes etc.

I think it is totally fair to compare regardless if they are from different films and such. Attakus is known for their awesome paint apps; but, in the pics, you can see that the SS piece is so much more crisp and detailed. That's not to take anything away from Attakus, but it just goes to show how much higher the lever of quality is on the SS piece.

I must admit, on these pics the Attakus Vader looks weak..but I have seen the piece in person and I was really blown away....IMO, these are 2 equally great statue done in different medium.Choose what you prefer.

Darklord Dave said:
It's not really fair to compare as they are from different films, different costumes etc.
not to mention diffrent style all together, one is sculpted, and one is mixed midea. i think they are both great and unique for being the same character.

Back