Vader: SS or Attakus 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to decide what you collect; some people want every item produced in a series line. I collect the one's where the skill in capturing the movie figures has been achieved.

Lucky for me I have all three! They are all fantastic. The SS is bigger and more impressive and at the price now you should get one. In time you should get an attakus one because they have made the statues look like they have fabric, including creases and matt finish where needed and you cannot tell it is not fabric unless you touch them, that is the beauty of them. If you look at the attakus Han Solo it is far superior than the SS one, the face is Harrison Ford perfectly captured, including the chin scar! whereas the SS one is hopeless. Mind you the attakus Luke is hopeless! I have Vader 1 with a storm trooper either side which you can't have with SS as they didn't make any troopers!
Hope this helps but it is IMHO:lsvader

Granted, the Attackus Vader is awesome and they make other great pieces, but if you think this is spot on...whoa boy!:yuck

185Z.gif

I know! It's not even close. The SS Han by far has the best likeness of HF so far. Hell, even the SS Han 12" action figure looks about the same as the Attakus Han, and that is just a toy!

I decided to get the Attakus 2 piece, might get the SS piece too if I really like it but I'm still not too sure about mixed media really. Thanks for the help guys :)

customizerwannabe said:
Granted, the Attackus Vader is awesome and they make other great pieces, but if you think this is spot on...whoa boy!:yuck

185Z.gif

Yep, they say the eyes are a way into a persons soul...And in sculpting that is the hardest, but most important area...and that is all wrong with this piece.

I'm sure you'll be more than happy with that Lynxje. I know Orlando (TA2215) is happy with both. Here are a few pics he put up over on the SF boards of both his Attakus Vader 2 and SS 1/4 PF Vader:

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg
IMG_2366.jpg

I've always liked the Vader2 over 1, but the SS Vader is by far a much superior piece to either, IMO.

If you can, post pics when you get yours. :)

So is it the angle or is the saber hilt on the Vader 2 much too long!? :confused: :monkey1

LOTRFan said:
So is it the angle or is the saber hilt on the Vader 2 much too long!? :confused: :monkey1

Hi guys!

The hilt in the Attakus DV2 is not too long, it can be the angle of the pic or the fact that he is holding the saber with one hand.
SS made a great piece with this Vader, I love everything about it (even the lights!), the incredible detail that SS put in the confection of the suit make this a great statue to have, go to any Vader guide (SW Chronicles, Vader Ultimate Guide, etc) and check the pics, it make you believe that you really have a piece of the movie in your home. I know a lot of purist collectors didn't like certain thing about the dimensions of the helmet, color of the lights, look of the lightsaber, but let's be honest here, even Attakus DV1 (which I consider a Holly Grail) have its retractors.
Now that being said, Attakus DV2 it is also an amazing piece, one thing you can say about Attakus, they are incredible with the details and scale proportions of each of their statues, they do have certain problems with human faces granted but everything else they are unbeliveable.
I am not in any way a completist, but I consider both of my Vaders (SS and Attakus) a most have in my collection, two different medias, two different techniques and the same high admiration for the people who worked in them.
:D

I'd agree the Attakus 2 is a must have. If I can figure out a way to get it someday I would because of my overall love for statues and the character.

Thanks Mini-Rock!,

I have been reading a lot in these forums but I didn't want to post anything until having my first SS statue (Vader) in my hands. I like it so much that I am really thinking about getting my first (and probably only one) good guy ol' good Ben to go with him (after all Vader needs something to strike, right?)
I am waiting now for Grievous excl. and of course all the great Marvel Comiquettes (Iron Man and Wolvie on preorder already), Hulk & Spidey and X-Man vs Sentinel (wait list:monkey2 )

It's great to be part of these forums!!!

one thing you can say about Attakus, they are incredible with the details and scale proportions of each of their statues, they do have certain problems with human faces granted but everything else they are unbeliveable.
I am not in any way a completist, but I consider both of my Vaders (SS and Attakus) a most have in my collection, two different medias, two different techniques and the same high admiration for the people who worked in them.

DITTO!!! Well, I would like to be a completist If I only have bought the Vader 1 when I could have it at 300 Euros... I wasn't a Collector of high priced statues when it came out... 300 Euros seemed to be too much 4 years ago when I started my collection, I promised myself just to buy the Luke Skywalker ROTJ Master Replicas Lightsaber 4 years ago but It was just the first high end collectible of a now long list, how all this has started...:rolleyes: :D

Anyway, Guys If you buy a Premium Format figure you'll get addicted to them, yesterday I got the Wolverine and I have to say it is very good, buy one and you'll want them all:)

I have Luke, Han Rebel Hero, Green Goblin and Wolverine for now... Vader Ex, Dr. Doom Ex, Obi Wan Ex, Grievous Ex, Leia Ex, Lurtz Ex, Frodo and Buffy Ex coming in the next few months and I might consider buying Elektra and Punisher when my wallet will let me get those 2...:eek: :D

I really would like to have even Freddy Krueger and maybe John Wayne in the future...

See Ya and MTFBWY ALL!!!

customizerwannabe said:

I did say it was my opinion - the attakus statue I have is better than the picture on the box. I don't have the SS one so I'm only comparing with the SS pictures.:cool:

Best VADER for me : 1- Attakus Vader 1
2- Sideshow Vader
3- Attakus vader 2 ( dont like his pose, never saw vader hold his saber like that...)

Well my brothers, I have to confess... I am weak...

Today I went against my collection theme and preordered an PF Obi Wan regular (I don't really care for the JTR).

My SS Vader was starting to get nervous and was striking my other statues and displays, I really hope that with Ol' Ben he will satisfied his hunger and leave my other stuff alone, now I just need Sideshow to ship to retailers quickly before something else happens:monkey2

Last edited:
Vader is a hard one to please that's for sure. Ben will do the trick though as mine told me the other day. :monkey5

I can't blame you Orlando. You can't have the definitive Vader statue with out the definitive Ben statue. I forsee many more 1/4 SW PF's in your future. ;) :D

Shaihulud said:
Best VADER for me : 1- Attakus Vader 1
2- Sideshow Vader
3- Attakus vader 2 ( dont like his pose, never saw vader hold his saber like that...)

,..that's my list too. attakus vader 1 stills the grail,..and it went up in price recently,..now sells for $1350-$1500!!,.. :google ...
someday i will own it!!,.. :cool:

Back