Utapau 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put down my pre-orders for 2 of the Exclusives. I am atually quite surprised that the Exclusives are still available. I reckon that the ES for this trooper is probably the same as that for the Stormtrooper.

I'm in the UK and would have been super-pissed if the Exclusives had sold out.

I'll keep the Ex MIB for a rainey day so the stand doesn't matter to me but personally I think its a weak exclusive. I am happy though the regular will be equipped with that sexy rifle and a blaster too.

Despite my best efforts to resist, I ordered two exclusives too. Two of these, two Galactic Marines, two Star Corps, and two 41st legion troopers will be too cool flanking Cody, Bacara, Bly and Gree.

It's madness, I tell you.

I think this is one item where I prefer the non exclusive, I like my items to match...

And I'm not actually going for this one anyway...

Despite my minor quibbles with the helmet & the suit appearing a bit loose, it's still looks sweet and will be a great addition to my collection, it will look awesome posed with Obi & cody if released.

I passed on this guy. not that big a fan of this particular legion, or cody, and moneys a little tight at the moment, so no go on him. Gotta pay off my recent aqusitions for now :)
if it was an all white, or 501st, then i'd not be able to say no

I dun know why but i think the helmet for the clone is abit weird. The area where vents are located is kind of wide and the mouth is small. I kind of prefer the kotobukiya one than this.

286183_002.jpg

286183_001.jpg

Last edited:
Helm looks fine to me. If it's off it's so minor it will be diificult to tell or care about. The rest looks awesome and the weathering looks much better than medicoms. As far as the exclusive the stand is cool IMO and no less cool than the sdcc vader. As far as not matching the others I could really care less. If it bothered me I'd get the regular or use one if my SS stands I have laying around. They did the right thing by making the blaster standard.

I wouldn't object if they changed it, but I can live with it.

It does make me scratch my head that everything else on it is perfect, but that one part is off. Strange that LFL let it pass too, especially when they're so anal about so many other details that are arguably meaningless. :dunno

Helmet looks like a clone helmet to me. Guess I'm not observant/anal enough to notice anything "weird" or off about it.

Normally I snag an exclusive and a regular version. But I'm passing on the exclusive. I have to agree the stand is a weak item. I would have rather seen something like a pistol for an exclusive.

John

Hey. :thwak

Observant doesn't deserve to be pigeonholed with anal.

LOL.

Observant=noticing the missing paint at the nose.
Anal=noticing a .002 degree mistake on the jaw line.

watermark.php

The shape of the helmet of the toy looks just like the ones in the background from the film to me.

Luckily the missing bit of paint is a very minor issue for a prototype. Heck, even if he shipped that way I think most people could handle the customization needed to fix it.

Overall looks like a great figure, and happy to see it didn't go over the $89.99 mark.

Luckily the missing bit of paint is a very minor issue for a prototype. Heck, even if he shipped that way I think most people could handle the customization needed to fix it.

Overall looks like a great figure, and happy to see it didn't go over the $89.99 mark.

All things weighed in, if the production lives up to the proto I think the price is fair. Good body, ABS armor instead of PVC, good sculpting work, and for a factory figure, the weathering looks awesome, and he includes both weapons to be properly armed, can't wait to see what the large one will be like, having the Stormtrooper rifles already, we know what we're in for essentially with the Clone rifles.

Back