USPS Scan form?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avactionfigures

Freakzoid
Reaction score
It wouldn't actually print off a shipping label, but instead this SCAN form with a barcode on it. Do I need a shipping label along with the SCAN form or could I just fill it out on the envelope?

It wouldn't actually print off a shipping label, but instead this SCAN form with a barcode on it. Do I need a shipping label along with the SCAN form or could I just fill it out on the envelope?

Assuming this is an online USPS shipping, when you have paid and are at the screen to print off the label, I know I've been caught out a couple of times because I haven't ticked the box next to the label I want to print before I actually hit 'print'.

You do need the shipping label I believe. The SCAN form is useful for USPS as if you are shipping a bunch of things and drop them off at the post office, instead of scanning each item label all they need to do is scan the one SCAN form and it automatically updates things on their end and yours to show that USPS has received them for shipping.

Apologies for the slight tangent, but it is USPS related. For those of us smart enough to skip the DMV-esque lines and use the self-serve kiosk: has it been asking you for the specific street address lately? I only noticed this a couple of months back, but it's making me put the street address in, not just the ZIP. This would be fine, if it printed the street address on the label. But instead, it still just prints the city, state, and ZIP.

Back