Uruk Hai PF reg & ex photo thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few photos of my Berserker exclusive that arrived today. It is numbered 266. This statue is just amazing. I am VERY happy that it is now part of my collection. :D

This weekend I will be getting a sheet of plexi to protect it just as I did with the others.

I also included a photo of my LOTR PF collection.

The Moria Orc in the photo is the one that I weathered and posted someplace here on SSF.

Last edited:
A few photos of my Berserker exclusive that arrived today. It is numbered 266. This statue is just amazing. I am VERY happy that it is now part of my collection. :D

This weekend I will be getting a sheet of plexi to protect it just as I did with the others.

I also included a photo of my LOTR PF collection.

The Moria Orc in the photo is the one that I weathered and posted someplace here on SSF.

Looks great...are the sheets of plexi expensive? How do you have them attached? I've been trying to think of a way to do something like that with mine...

2h5l110.jpg
2s1u8ls.jpg
f19vzc.jpg
2ryt4ar.jpg
23wp7v6.jpg

wow !! that looks amazing !

nice pics man !

Looks great...are the sheets of plexi expensive? How do you have them attached? I've been trying to think of a way to do something like that with mine...

20-25 dollars for the sheet size I needed. I got them at Home De pot. Our store has them on the back wall where the doors are located. I used mirror holders for the wall to hold the plexi in place. These were also bought at HD. The holders come in a pack of four and are only a few dollars for each pack. These were on an end of an aisle near the screws, fasteners and so on.

I was hoping that Legolas PF would go next to the berserker but the Berserker is so big that I think he will have the shelf all to himself.

I can't put into words on just how cool the Berserker is. :D

I wonder how many people received a processing notice for the Ex today - I sure didn't. Do those emails usually go out in one big batch?

Man - that thing is a definite home run!!! It would just give our shirelings nightmares here though.

I think I like the arrow display better. Quick question - Is the statue all poly except for the loincloth?

Congrats, SS hit that one out of the park!

There are numerous pics of the Uruk-Hai Berserker on this thread, so I thought I’d weigh in with my thoughts on this magnificent piece. Besides, I got too anxious and unboxed the Uruk-Hai Berserker PF last night without getting my camera. I received EX #53/750 yesterday. Some quick thoughts:

Sideshow has changed cardboard types for the display box. The last PF I received, the Moria Orc exclusive came in a cardboard display box that I would describe as having a matte finish. The Uruk-Hai Berserker comes in a shiny, high gloss box, as did the previous piece I received before it, the Duel of Light and Fire diorama. They seem to be out the same high-gloss cardboard stock that the Sideshow Weta LOTR stuff came in. Not a big issue, just a simple observation.

As for the piece itself, all I can say is that it is my favorite piece in my collection. The base seems very solid and heavy, a far cry from the light-weight bases that came with the previous LOTR PFs (Lurtz being the exception, as he had a fairly heavy base as well).

The Uruk’s two-handed sword/cleaver is entirely made of metal, and is AWESOME. It’s a shame that Sideshow did not use metal for the previous PF’s weapons. You have to hold the weapon in your hand and feel the weight of it to appreciate how impressive it is. The two arrows that fit into the Uruk’s torso seem to be made of metal as well; I’m not certain, but they felt like metal to me. What’s interesting is that the fletching on the arrows are different; I’m guessing one is a Rohirrim arrow and the other is a Galadhrim arrow (after all, Legolas wouldn’t miss a kill shot, would he? :lol).

The paint application on the Uruk is great, Portions of the Uruk's body, to include his legs and lower torso, are muted and subtle as if he had gotten dirty fighting in the dusty plains of Rohan. Other portions of the Uruk have shiny applications of paint as if the Uruk is drenched in the sweat, blood and viscera of his dispatched enemies (and his own blood, of course). For me, the bright yellow eyes on the Uruk convey his madness and bloodlust best, even more so than the decapitated Rohirrim head.

As expected, the Rohirrim head is heavily detailed as well. You can see the detached veins and the spinal cord in the neck stump. The soldier’s mouth is slightly open, and his tongue is rolled to the side. Sideshow could have enhanced the creepiness factor if the soldier’s eyes were open with the blank stare of death, but I think maybe that would have been a little too much.

Now for the million dollar question: is the Uruk-Hai Berserker a better piece than Lurtz? In my opinion yes. Lurtz was my favorite LOTR PF prior to receiving the Uruk, but has since been displaced. Both sculpts are terrific; I like the quiet menace that the Lurtz pose conveys, striding to the death blow. But the Uruk-Hai Berserker's pose is pure bloodlust and aggression; all his muscles are tense and seem like a steel trap ready to snap at any second.

As many others have stated, I think this is the best PF of the year, regardless of license or line…

Last edited:
I'm sad that I had to get my payment pushed out for a week, but the good news is, it gets charged tomorrow..:rock Uruk has come out great :drool
I actually might take more than one shatty pic of this one..:lol

Back